Turned a non-gun person to our side. :D

Started by Raider2000, November 19, 2009, 10:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider2000

My lady friend is one of my Archery compadres who has been shooting competition archery for about 2 years now & just moved to my area.
Well a few weeks ago we were practicing on the archery range when I mentioned that I had brought my Hawken to practice with too & wanted to get to the rifle range so she said that she'd tag along.

Now she said that she has never shot a gun in her life but a lot of her friends have invited her to shoot on occasion but After the second shot from my smoke pole she was intrigued & wanted to give it a try.
Now ofcorse I did the loading "she had trouble starting the .495 ball & .015 ticking down the bore to my 70gr. FFFG charge" but it was all her in the shooting at 50 yards.
After 3 shots that was nearly touching at 50 yards she was very happy & wanted more so I moved the target to 100 yards for a few there & sure enough she was at least printing a respectable group there as well for a newbie with primitive sights.  :D

After that with a slightly sore sholder she was asking what else did I have  ;D well I told her that I did bring my Lil Cannon "my custom Pietta NMA w/ 5.5"  barrel" & she was as excited as a kid in a candy store.

Well since I had already had my 2 cylinders loaded with .456 220gr. conicals over 30gr. FFFG I told her to wait till I empty one of em & I'll load it with my plinking load for her, well she wasn't having that  & told me that she can handle what I can so I fired off 2 shots & showed her how to hold & work the action on it & then let her shoot off the last 3, well ladies & gents she found out why it's called the Lil Cannon & noted that her pinky was a little tender but OK BTW at 10 yards she hit a respectable group  on target.
Well my plinking or rather Mouse Fart Load as I normally call it consist of 22gr. FFFG under a .457 ball & when she fired off the first shot of that she was like Where is it because it felt like it wasn't there when I shot it needless to say after that even though it was a bit brutal to her she preferred the heavier load over the MFL.  8)

Here she is with the Lyman Trade Rifle

Her Shooting my NMA.

Me shooting my Rifle.

Me shooting my Recurve out of the tree stand.

She was impressed with this shot with my Recurve at 25 yards.

Pulp

2004  Badlands Bar 3 Four States Champion, Frontiersman
(I was the only one there)

WWCAS (World's Worst Cowboy Action Shooter)

Raider2000

I do have a Dragoon "though my brother has claimed it & will not give it up" but I think with her stature I'd have to make a bipod up for her to hold a Walker or even a Dragoon up.

Hint, My Trade Rifle is almost as tall as she is.

fourfingersofdeath

Well done! One down, mmillions to go  :D ;D

My Chinese wife is a retired doctor and has not had anything to do with guns apart from her days being one of Mao's uni students.

The Chinese and the Russians were buddies when she was a young woman and they ran the medical school at the university. They trained her to shoot the old Mauser 8mm and the SKS I suppose from her description. Then they shunted her off to the country to live in a tiny shed with six other uni students and they worked the fields all day and studied by lamp light with their tutor beating the crap out of them until late at night. She is really itching to give cowboy shooting a go. I have bought her a pair of the SASS Ruger NMVs and have got my old 92 slicked up for her. She can't wait.
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

Jamie

I find that if you can get someone to shoot a gun once, they get interested almost every time.  Especially handguns.  So many have an inordinate fear of them, and I had one person who even got to the point of literally trembling when we put away the old Mossberg 22 and I pulled out a Ruger Mark II.  After I emptied 2 clips without killing anyone, she actually was willing to shoot it.  It's hard to hit anything with your eyes closed however.  I don't know that she ever shot again, but her final comment that day was rather telling..."That was really interesting." 
Jamie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com