Gunsmoke....the radio show

Started by Matthew Duncan, November 17, 2009, 03:03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Duncan

Bored at work?

Sick of the same old radio station blaring away?

Want some good old Radio to fire you up for the next match?

http://www.cuttersraiders.com/PP/News/cutter-news.htm

Look at the right side, just above "What do I need to Start SASS?
Major General J.E.B. Stuart's Division
Captain 1st Maryland Artillery, C.S.A.
SASS# 23189

Disclaimer:  I have not slept in any hotel recently, not a certified CAS rule web lawyer.  Have not attended any RO III or RO VI classes.  Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

Daniel Nighteyes

Matthew Duncan,

The link didn't work.

However, for anyone who likes listening to the old Gunsmoke radio shows, here's where you can download all of them into your computer.  And by the way, their copyrights have long since run out, meaning that they're in the public domain -- are are therefore free.

http://www.archive.org/search.php?query=gunsmoke%20AND%20collection%3Aradioprograms

On that same website you can find just about any radio show you'd care to name, including Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Have Gun Will Travel (starring John Dehner), Tales of the Texas Rangers (starring Joel McRea), and others.

Matthew Duncan

Hmmmmmmm....link worked for me.........did ya follow the final instuctions?  "Look at the right side, just above "What do I need to Start SASS?"
SASS# 23189

Disclaimer:  I have not slept in any hotel recently, not a certified CAS rule web lawyer.  Have not attended any RO III or RO VI classes.  Opinions expressed are by a cowpoke who believes the year is 1868.

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: Matthew Duncan on November 17, 2009, 06:55:21 PM
Hmmmmmmm....link worked for me.........did ya follow the final instuctions?  "Look at the right side, just above "What do I need to Start SASS?"

Yup.  In fact, I just tried it again and it still didn't work.  Every time I click on the link, I get a "Server Not Found" error message. 
Here's what it says just below:  "Firefox can't find the server at www.bnincustomers.com."

I clicked on several other links on the Cutter's Raiders page, and all seemed to be working normally.  So, at least thru Mozilla Firefox, that specific "Gunsmoke" link seems to be pointing to nowhere...

-- Nighteyes

Matthew Duncan

Another hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...worked move my Internet files today to a more "secured" server......worked this afternoon.....wonder if we got "hacked" again!
SASS# 23189

Daniel Nighteyes

Matthew Duncan

SASS# 23189

amin ledbetter

Quote from: Matthew Duncan on November 18, 2009, 11:37:27 AM
Wonderful!

Yes it is! Wonderfully addicting to listen to! Wish I could get these in the car! Thanks for postin the link MD! These are great!

WaddWatsonEllis

Ahhh Gunsmoke Radio   ... brings back memories.

My father was stationed in France in the late '50/early '60s.

And DeGaule refused to let us have the Armed Forces TV in France ...

So I got to listen to all the wonderful old '40s radio shows  .... Gunsmoke, Have Gun Will Travel, The Green Hornet, The Shadow .....

What a wonderful opportunity

Trivia Question; who did Matt Dillon's voice for Radio?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Matthew Duncan

Quote from: amin ledbetter on November 19, 2009, 07:27:20 PM
Yes it is! Wonderfully addicting to listen to! Wish I could get these in the car! ...

Save them to your computer.

Convert to ....ahhhh forget the format...mpg?

Burn on a CD!

Play in car!

Unless you already new this and the problem is, "YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO THAT WHILE I'M IN THE CAR!"
SASS# 23189

amin ledbetter

Having a problem converting the files. I have found two so far I can burn. The rest are not compatible with my burner program. I will keep trying though! These are so very cool! Thanks again!

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: WaddWatsonEllis on November 19, 2009, 11:56:44 PM
Answer:

William Conrad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gunsmokeradio.jpg

Next trivia question:  In the first "pilot", what was Marshall Dillon's first name?  (And no, it wasn't Matt.)

Daniel Nighteyes

Quote from: amin ledbetter on November 20, 2009, 07:57:11 AM
Having a problem converting the files. I have found two so far I can burn. The rest are not compatible with my burner program. I will keep trying though! These are so very cool! Thanks again!

Try the ones from the link I provided.  I've been using that website to locate, copy and transfer radio shows for use in the car for years.  At first I was burning them to CD's, but now I upload 'em into my MP3 player.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com