I find it amazing........New Pics(changed idea)

Started by White Buffalo Chip, November 16, 2009, 11:22:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Buffalo Chip

::)that after you make a incorrect impression, the second
one follows closely afterwards. I feel like a cat with a mouse, don't know
if I'll put it out of it's misery or play with it awhile.

WBC
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
--George Washington--

Gun Butcher

White Buff, I agree,and it always seems to get worse after I have made the first mistake. I think its because we get frustrated with ourselves and then instead of taking a short break or at least a deep breath we try to go to fast.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Slowhand Bob

Another thing my friend, we see our mistakes AND in our eyes they just keep growing and growing as we look at them.  Hand that same piece of work to someone else and they will probably never see it and if they do it will not take on the same proportion in their eyes as it does for you.  What GB says, stop and step back, its time for a short break and get it off your mind before continuing and remember that the overall appearance of the piece is beautiful and worthy of finishing with your best work.  For a duff like myself, if I trashed all of my mistakes (small or large) I would still not have completed my first project EVER!

I honestly think that those who fret most over their smallest booboos tend to be the most artistic and fergit that perfection was never a gift given to man.

Kid Terico

I look at it this way,you should have a few errors,  if you didnt want a few mistakes you would useing a stamp and taking all the fun out of doing it. KT

Ace Lungger

Howdy WCB, :)
I have to agree with the other pards on this subject! I make more mistakes than the average person does, and like the other pards said it is best to stop and walk away,  a lot of the time I can't do that, so if I will just stop and look things over and figure away a round the problem. If I ever make a peice that has no mistakes, I will have to quit making leather goods, and find a new hobby, for there would be no challenge left! I don't have to worry about that, so I will be playing with leather for a long time! ;D
Hang in there!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

outrider

Hey pards...look at it ths way......a design done by an impression stamp or roller is nothing more than a cookie cutter duplication....people ar not precise computers...we make minor mistakes...but that is what gives it the "HAND MADE" look...which is what I like.....
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Friends

I just try to do my best, but even then I make mistakes, WC once told me that leather is very forgiving, and if you step back and look things over again you can usually come up with a solution to your problem, I've done that and it works 99% of the time for me, I once made such a big goof that after looking at it there was no way I could finish it the way I was planing, so I changes things a little, and dang if I didn't like it better than what I was going to do, so I don't don't get ticked like I use too, and I look at it as a new start on things, just my .02 cents worth. :-\ ??? :o :D ;D 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Forty Rod

Navajo blanket weavers deliberately make an error so as not to challenge the perfection of the gods.  Just tell folks you did it on purpose after you got religion.   ::)

I generally make an error or two so my work doesn't look machine made. 

No, really.  I do it on purpose.  Would I lie about something like that?  I meant to do it.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Kid Terico

Forty Rod , Liers go to hell also.  :) :D ;D ;D KT

White Buffalo Chip

:)Things look better now, after reading y'all's replies and sleeping
on it. I think I can change my plan and make it less noticable(to me).
Thank you guys .

WBC
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
--George Washington--

Forty Rod

Quote from: Kid Terico on November 17, 2009, 04:35:08 PM
Forty Rod , Liers go to hell also.  :) :D ;D ;D KT

Yep, just like for stealin' hubcaps.   :o

Reckon I'll run into a lot of familiar faces there.   ::)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Marshal Will Wingam

Chip, That work is just fine. I agree with Outrider about the imperfections giving it the hand-made look. Slap some color or oil on it and it'll look super.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dr. Bob

KT,

Ya gotta 'member that 4T Rod is one of them there AUTHORS and writes fiction! :o ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

GunClick Rick

If GOD saw it that way,we'd all be scrap leather :o ;D I'd end up in a busy barber shop as a razor strop :-X

Tan me hide,when i'm dead Fred~~~~~~~Tan me hide when i'm dead~~~

:D So we tanned his hide when he died Clyde an at's it angin on the shed :D ~~All together now!~~ ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

GunClick Rick

Sent reply to ya Dr. Bob.Thank You :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

White Buffalo Chip

Well , I think i saved that piece of leather from
going into the can...........now I can't find the camera ::).
Pics later I reckon. Y'all have a good night.
WBC

I added more stampings to redirect the attention(??) and decided to hang
it from the belt insteead of doing a 'high ride' rig.
WBC
ps >found the camera....now lost the Bagkote, sheeesh.

--George Washington--

Kid Terico

I thought It would be nice to meet all you parts and if Forty Rod is right I will if I want to or not. :o KT

JD Alan

Well, that's a meeting I'm going to have to pass on. Perhaps I could organize one in the other direction! JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Gun Butcher

WBC, that turned out great. I like you color and your stamping design looks real good. Way to go Pard.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com