Looking for how to or where to.

Started by GunClick Rick, November 08, 2009, 11:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

I have a bunch of bear claws and i want to do a claw necklace,but i wanna use some of the the older looking lacing or elk skin or whatever it is to do it with like ya see on Chucks stuff,it soft material with that aged look.Where can i find some???
Bunch a ole scudders!

JD Alan

Hey Rick, another option might be artificial sinew from Tandy.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

ChuckBurrows

Do you have a pic of what you're trying to recreate? that would help....

The leather I use is mostly real braintan - there are several sources ( I get my mostly in trades) but one good one is www.braintan.com - none of it though comes aged that's something I do......
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

John M Cohea

Hey Gun Click, here is some pics of a pendant that Josh Dabney scrimmed for me. He made it as a key fob but I thought it was too nice for that so I added a hammered copper bail and strung it on some braintanned lace with a few snake verabrea and antique trade beads. If you will PM me your address I will send you a strip of braintan big enough to cut lace for your necklace.

Hey pards, be sure to check out my website!!
http://jmcknives.blademakers.com

GunClick Rick

Yea JC that's more the look i am goin for...Is that a piece of ivory?That's nice~I'd hate to take your leather pard ,that's stuff is hard to come by.I will toss a couple claws back your way though,i think i have plenty.Get them from my hunter brother in law,in fact he is huntin elk right now,may get me some ivorys ;D

I believe i have enough to make a full claw necklace,mostly black bear.I have seen them with fur tuffs between each claw,there won't be alot of the leather showing except at the tie.This is my first idea,but will look at other too,i have a few canines also from the bear skull i could use.Sort of like the grizz mountain man on Jeremiah Johnson.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy John  :D

This really is a sharp piece of work, Josh and you both are really very talented, thanks for the look see

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com