Something that you guys might like

Started by Delmonico, November 08, 2009, 12:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delmonico

Not all my customers in my part of the store are CAS shooters, I get quite a mix.  Had a regular in a bit ago, stops by a couple times a year for bandannas, music and such.  He's a working cowboy out west of me, not sure where.  Looks like it too, mix of old and new. 

He noticed I had saddle scabbards and wondered if they would fit his rifle.  He's gonna bring it in next time and check, I'm sure it will.  The old cowboy carries a replic Henry in 44-40 and wants a better scabbard for it because the one he uses now is for a scoped rifle.  He don't reload, just shoots factory ammo, but I thought that was cool and thought you guys might like to hear about it.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Silent Joe

Nice story, Del. Old times in a new coat. I like that guy.

litl rooster

Del, one of the problems your customer may encounter with a scabbard is most of them are designed weapon specific..I use mine in one I have that was designed for '92 or '94 model lever guns as you can see the reciever and stock wrist are unprotected. It holds the weapon securely but offers little protection rearwards.

Mathew 5.9

Springfield Slim

Ralph: Looks like you need me to make you a scabbard that fits!
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Forty Rod

In re-reading this a thought occurred: in pulling this rifle from a scabbard it would appear that the follower snagging and releasing suddenly might pose a slam-fire hazard in the magazine.

I sure don't want to be aboard a horse if / when that happens.  Even less do I want to be dismounting and partially aboard.  That's more excitement than I need at my age.

Am I being paranoid?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Delmonico

He bought it a month or so back and said he's had no problems.
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Coffinmaker

If the rifle is loaded full up, the follower is no problem.

Coffinmaker

Forty Rod

Good point. 

Paranoia isn't really a bad thing.......................is it?
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

WaddWatsonEllis

What was that old '60s expression?

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that they're not out to get ya .... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Capt. Montgomery Little

Ya mean, "Just because you're NOT paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you!" ?  As a Native American, I sometimes find the English language quite difficult to comprehend. That is why I learned to speak French, German and Spanish with some others thrown in so as not to starve in foriegn countries. It came in quite handy while serving in Uncle Sam's US Army SF as we were never allowed to maintain a decent residence in a civilized country. Ever tried sleeping while tied to a tree ina muddy SE Asian river. You can meet up with all kinds of "THINGS".

WaddWatsonEllis

Cap'n Little,

Nope; let me paraphrase ... Just because you believe that there is someone out to get you (i.e. paranoia) does not preclude that there actually IS somebody out to get you ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com