Knives & Sheaths

Started by Ten Wolves Fiveshooter, November 05, 2009, 06:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

I'd like to thank you all for walking through the past with me, it was fun to go back and remember all these places and people and things, and your comments were most appreciated.

Today I will show my last sheath that I made this year, I made it for a pard here in Cas City, and I've also shown it in Show your Stuff thread, but for those that haven't seen it , here it is, I made it for the dagger shown, it needed to be period looking and also match his existing gun belt, he picked out the border tooling he wanted and I took it from there.

Thanks again every one for stopping in and taking a look and listening to my story

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

In the second picture you can see how the safety thong can be pulled back to be out of the way when need be, for fast access to the knife.
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

MORE PICTURES

This shows the safety thong / strap, this style was used a lot in the time period, if a pard felt threatened he would pull the thong up over the handle, and then pull it flush with the back of the sheath, this way access to his knife was quick and deadly, this was most likely, seen in towns and saloons where fast action could save ones life. 
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

MORE PICTURES

In this picture you can see the welt I put in, to match the thickness of the knife, I used several pieces of 3 to 4 ounce leather for this, but you can also use one thick piece if you like and then skive it down to spec. by using a welt I was able to make this sheath work well for the user, it is easy to pull the knife out and put back, but at the same time won't fall out on it's own, this is where a good fit really pays off, and a welt will help you get that good fit.  

Kid Terico

TW sorry I,m late . Just walked in the house. That is a sweet little knife snd sheath. I,m just sorry your running out of them Make some more and if not keep the stories commimg. I,ll miss them. Thanks for everything. KT

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a fine sheath, TW. I like the keeper. It is a very functional design. That knife is no slouch, either. Very good work, pard. Thanks for sharing those with us.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Gun Butcher

TW, That is another sweet little knife and sheath. Might have to borrow your keeper idea, I like that. I have really enjoyed your collection. Looking at your stuff and the other pards on here keeps me full of new ideas. Thanks for sharing with use.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy TW,

Another beautiful Sheath from your workshop! Your description of the construction details are interesting and very helpful especially to anyone wanting to get into making sheath's. Great pictures and easy to follow narrative. Thank you for sharing your talents and expertise with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

GunClick Rick

Breaker Breaker 19,Johnny i'll give ya a holler tommorrow.Thanks for the call..Thanks for the break fellers. ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All  :D

Thanks every one for stopping in to see my work and listen to my stories, I had fun with this, and it was nice to remember all these people and places, along the way. ;) :D Your comments and kind words are much appreciated. :D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

Kid Terico

TW ours thanks to you. You made the fourm so much more interesting and fun to read. Hoping you get a second wind and start with some thing else.  :DKT

GunClick Rick

Don't mean to switch on ya here,but i got a chance to talk with John M.Cohea today by phone.Real nice and informative chat,he does all kinds of stuff ;D If you haven't seen his website check it out..Each and every person here has thier own style and artistic eye,it's awsome to see what each does.Mr. Cohea is a fine gentleman as are all of ya.I hope to participate more someday but for now i get to enjoy all your work.s :) :)
http://jmcknives.blademakers.com
Bunch a ole scudders!

ChuckBurrows

KT - that top picture is by me, not Dave and it's going to Georgia.
Here's the one going to KT as soon as I finish the sheath:

The pouch is going to California as soon as I get the powder horn built...
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Kid Terico

Sorry Dave I hit wrong picture of knife. Here is the knife thats in a class by itself. It is  the best I got. Love it  . Cant wait to see the sheath from Josh and Dave. Sorry again Dave , my fault. I know you outdid your self on this one.  Daves planning another one for me. KT  Thanks for catching it Chuck. Great pouch and knife.

GunClick Rick

Your the bomb Chuck,that stuff is sick! ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Forty Rod

Quote from: GunClick Rick on November 25, 2009, 01:35:13 AM
Your the bomb Chuck,that stuff is sick! ;D

Omigawd, Rick's gone into his second (or third...maybe fourth...teenagehood) and a Californian, to boot.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Marshal Will Wingam

That pouch is really outstanding, Chuck. The knife is even more so. Very beautiful.

Kid, that knife really is outstanding. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com