Knives & Sheaths

Started by Ten Wolves Fiveshooter, November 05, 2009, 06:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid Terico

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Kid I'd say you're the winner when it comes to shops pard, nice and clean too, I like your collection on the wall, well done, thanks for the look see, it's always nice too see where other crafters spend there time, I can see you put some thought into putting this all together, every man needs a MAN CAVE  ;D ;D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

This knife belonged to my Dad, he picked it up when he was in India during WW2, it needed a new sheath, the old one had just about had it, so I made this one to ride high on my gun belt with a slight handle forward cant.

Thanks for taking a look see

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

MORE PICTURES

Kid Terico

TW thats a very nice knife and great shape for how old it it. That knife sheath is one of the nicest I seen. Great job. KT

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Hello Kid

Thanks for the flowers on my Dads knife and the sheath I made, this knife was the only knife my Dad had as a hunting knife, and he used it for everything, he was a Master Meat Cutter, and learned the trade in Holland from the killing all the way to the top, he always told me, that properly used a pard could get by with just one knife, and he proved that to me over and over. His knife was always razor sharp,  ::) :D

Thanks for taking a look

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D

Gun Butcher

Ten Wolves, that is one fine sheath Pard. I really like the "wingtips" on it and the stamping is beautiful. That old knife was obviously well cared for do you have any info on it.
Kid, if you guys keep showing these pictures of well organized shops I ain't never gonna get to work on anything ;) ;D
Seriously, you and TW have some of the nicest shops I have seen.  I used to have one of them Red Tractors back in My wisconsin days, A farmall super C.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Kid Terico

GB the super C was quite a tractor in its day. All the tractors are hand made Pecisions. I have one of every one made for every brand in that scale. They are no longer made and are worth quite a lot with all the boxes.KT

Dr. Bob

Kt,

Ya got a split personality there!!  Green & Red farm equipment!  John Deere & Massey Furgeson.  WOW, what a difference.  Most of the fellows that I know like one or the other, but not both!  Oh man, you take the cake!!!!  Ya got my head spinning!, Well, you and the wine.  ::) ::) ;) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Marshal Will Wingam

Those knives and sheaths are just beautiful, TW. I'm impressed. Very first rate work. I'm also impressed with the clean workspace. It makes it easy to get things done. My dad taught me the same thing. It always works until the workspace is too small. Then things start getting in the way until I find a larger space or get rid of some of them (Get rid of tools?! :o ).

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks GB

My Dad got this dagger when he was in port in India, during WW2, he was a Merchant Marine, and he was assigned to an Ammunition Freighter, so the knife went all through the war with him. His ship was torpedoed several times and towards the end of the war they were attacked by Kama Cazzie's and Zero's , but they never got hit bad enough to blow the ship up, and they were loaded to the tilt with ammo, our Battle Ships did a Great job of protecting them, they only had a couple big gun on there ship to defend themselves with. So he and his knife survived the whole war together, That's pretty special.

Will, don't get rid of the tools, :o there would be a  curse if you did a thing like that :'(, the only way I got my shop together, was to get a nice 10'x10' shed and put all my yard tools and paint and all the stuff that was getting in my way in it, then I could begin to breath and see how I wanted to lay things out, just an idea  ??? beats throwing tools out, LOL

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D

Tomorrow I will post a bowie knife that was given to me by a good friend back in 1965, story to follow. ;D

Kid Terico

TW  yesterday was todays tomorrow or some darn thing, so post the darn picture I,m waiting.  :D Please. KT

Johnny McCrae

Howdy TW,
What a treasure your Dad's Dagger is! If it could only talk! That beautiful sheath you made does it proud. Many thanks for sharing this heirloom with us.

Howdy KT,
I was wondering where all of those beautiful rigs came from. You have an outstanding work shop! Thanks for the pictures.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

JD Alan

10 Wolves, that is a great looking knife and sheath! You are blessed to have something like that passed down from your dad. You did a great job on the sheath. I'm seeing some great ideas for the one I need to make.

KT, great shop, all except for that Ford sign ;D That's from a long time GM guy, though now with it being Government Motors, I'm not so happy with them :P
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Kid Terico

JD my wife has a Cobra convertable with a super charger and nitro for a squrt of juice when needed. Its a resl sleeper. Thats why the ford sign. You may have noticed my email address is byoffcr. Its her personlized  plate on her car. Byoffcer would not fit.  ;D KT

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

Thanks for the kind words,

The next knife and sheath at least the knife was given to me back in 1966 by a very good friend of mine, this knife was in one of the Gun Smoke episodes where a mountain man that had raised a young Indian boy to manhood, had gone into Dodge City to buy him a new knife, this is one of the same knives that was used, and it came from Nudie's, Nudie was the man that made western cloths for many of the western stars of the time, he was a little fella and quit a character, he drove around in a big Cad, all decked out with guns and rifles, I used to see him often while on my way to work, his store was across the street from Alfonso's of Hollywood which was my gun leather man back then,one day while in Nudie's store my friend spotted this knife in a show case, he had the same knife, so he wanted me to have one too, there were only so many made, and they were all numbered, I've enjoyed this knife over the years it's cleaned and butchered a lot of game in the field and has been a trusty friend.
  The original sheath was getting a little old , so I didn't want it to fall apart so I made another along the same lines, but a little different, the original sheath was a wrap around and sewed in the back.

Thanks for taking a look

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

MORE PICTURES

This knife was made in Germany, and is a strong carbon steel knife, when butchering deer I would use it as a clever at times, with no harmful effect to the edge, this knife would just stay sharp without a lot of honing .

Kid Terico

TW , thats one heck of a knife . Very nice and sheath is great also. You have some great history on your pieces and your background where u lived is great to hear also. Thanks for all the info. KT

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks Kid Terico

I'm glad you like the latest knife, and the story that goes with it, most everything I have and have kept, has a story and value to it , lots of good memories for the most part.

Thanks for stopping in and taking a look

Tomorrow I'll show another Bowie knife I've had for over forty years, and a sheath made by Alfonso of Western Fame.

Story to follow

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice knife, TW. The sheath is very suitable for it. It brings the classic look out nicely. Good work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com