New guy sayin' Hi!

Started by John M Cohea, November 03, 2009, 11:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John M Cohea

Hi ya'll! My name is John M Cohea, and I'm a knivemaker/leatherworker from Nettleton, MS.I was told my work would be a good fit here, so I thought I'd join up and show ya'll a few things. I work mainly in frontier primitave style, and most of my sheaths are covered in rawhide or braintanned deerskin. The first sheath is one I made for another knifemaker, and the rest of the pics is stuff I made , sheaths and the hawk and knife.
Hey pards, be sure to check out my website!!
http://jmcknives.blademakers.com

Kid Terico

JMC welcome aboard. Nice to have u here . Great bunch of pards on this site. Very nice work.Nice to see some thing different. KT

GunClick Rick

Wy i be another good one~~HOWDY! ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

That's some good looking work, John. Your stuff is very interesting. I really like the hawk. The inset head is a really cool look. What kind of cord did you use to secure it? That gives me some ideas....... Thanks for the pics.

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to more of your posts.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dave Cole

Good to see you over here brother.Great group of folks.Dave  ;D

Ned Buckshot

Welcome John, you're going to love it here. Nicest bunch of folks you'll ever have the pleasure of dealin with.

I like the items you posted, keep 'em coming.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Arizona Cattleman

Welcome John, your work is really great.  These are a great bunch of pards and we look forward to getting to know you.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

John M Cohea

Thanks guys! I look forward to getting to know ya'll, seeing some cool stuff, and of course showing off more of my work.
  Marshal Will, the head is wrapped in rawhide, but what you can't see is 4 steel pins that actually secure the head to the haft, hidden beneath the wrappings. This style hawk has proven to be pretty popular for me. I wanted to make something that was based on the old stone head hawks with a bit of a more modern flair.These hawks look cool, but they are also 100 percent fully functional as well.

Josh Dabney

John,

Always great bumping into you.  Glad to see you made it. A little birdie told me you may be stoppin in fer a visit so hang yer hat on a nail an kick yer boots up an sit a spell.

-Josh   ;D

Gun Butcher

Welcome John,your style is more like what I am use to seeing. Being an ol' buckskinner it makes me feel right ay home.
Or in other words, that thar plunder truly shines it do.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Johnny McCrae

Welcome John,

Beautiful! Viewing your work is like going to an Old West Museum. We look forward to seeing more of your talents.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

JD Alan

Howdy John, welcome to the Forum. Your work is excellent, far above my "Pay Grade". I'm still learning the basics of this craft, and the fellas here have been a huge help. I look forward forward to seeing more of your work.

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy John M Cohea

Welcome to the Leather Shop, by looking at your work, I can see you been at this for a while, your pieces are beautiful to say the least, I really like period looking leather, and your sheaths are right on, your use of rawhide really looks good and the bead work too, I like the Hawk,and the way you secured it to the handle, did you use sinew ? We hope you will enjoy the forum, as much as we do, and we will look for more beautiful work from you in the future.

Again Welcome Pard

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks for the info, John. I was wondering how you could secure that enough to be functionable. Great work. I like the idea of the hidden pins. Very innovative.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

John M Cohea

Thanks for all the kind words fellas, shore do 'preciate it! I will be posting more of my work for sure. If any of ya'll would like to plunder around at my website the address is  http://jmcknives.blademakers.com .Jump in there and take a look ;).

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy John

Just checked out your web site, very nice, and plenty of neat things to look at, thanks for sharing , I made this one a book mark. ::) :o 8)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com