Author Topic: True or BS ??  (Read 8717 times)

Offline Paladin UK

• UK`s 1st Warthog
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Have Gun.. "Might Travel"
    • White Knight Ranch... Homestead of Paladin UK
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: True or BS ??
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 01:57:47 PM »
Thanks fer all yer replies pards

All I know is, that my .45 #92 cleans up reel nice `n` Very easy since I stuck ta jest the Holy Black

I feel that, my gut feeling, the way I see it, my thoughts on this, the way forward,.......... Oh Damnitall

I gonna git `nother smokepole........  ::) (.357 flavour) jest ta shoot the nasty heathen stuff 
;D

Paladin (Whats now got good reason fer gettin hisownself `nother smokepole :D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
 MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Offline Cuts Crooked

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 06:33:53 PM »
Thanks fer all yer replies pards

All I know is, that my .45 #92 cleans up reel nice `n` Very easy since I stuck ta jest the Holy Black

I feel that, my gut feeling, the way I see it, my thoughts on this, the way forward,.......... Oh Damnitall

I gonna git `nother smokepole........  ::) (.357 flavour) jest ta shoot the nasty heathen stuff 
;D

Paladin (Whats now got good reason fer gettin hisownself `nother smokepole :D ) UK

Sorry to tell ya, but yer jist gonna end up gettin' a Snakebite mold and usin' BP pills in that thang too! :-* ;)
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Offline Ransom Gaer

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 02:43:30 AM »
Good natural lubes season cast iron cookware, and don't know why it wouldn't with barrel steel. 

I tend to agree.  It seems my BP guns are easier to clean.  Several of my guns have never seen a smokeyless round and never will.  And I'm not including my cap and ball revolvers in the last comment.

Ransom Gaer
Pvt Ransom Geer Co D 34th Virginia Infantry Regiment
SCORRS
Soot Lord
Warthog
STORM

Advertising

« Reply #23 on: Today at 06:14:16 AM »

Offline Fairshake

• Shooter of the HOLY BLACK
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2009, 09:26:02 AM »
I would like to make a point about the use of certain terms when referring to Louisiana seasoning. First, Delmonico is dead on. We have been seasoning iron pots for years and there are a few ways to do it but you end up with the same results. There are two words that people that are not Cajun use and think that they are one and the same and they are not. That is "Cajun" and "Creole". Cajun is a person that is a direct descendant of the French settlers that came to south Louisiana after being exiled from Nova Scotia. Creole is a person of mixed blood such as black-white French and even some mixed black -Spanish from the early settlements call themselves Creole. The island natives of the Caribbean are referred to as Creole and speak a dialect called Creole. I know this is off topic but thought it was something that would be of future use. You don't want to call a Apache a Sioux nor do you want to come to Louisiana and call a Cajun a Creole.
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

Offline sundance44`s

• SASS# 61233 and Alamo Kat SASS 79338 , ColdwaterLongRifles , HatchieRunLongRifles .NRA.
  • Top Active Citizen
  • No Place Special , MS.
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 09:51:28 AM »
FairShake ya left me out ...I`m a Coon Ass , so which am I Creole or Cajun ?  
Remington Americas Oldest GunMaker

You boys gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie

Offline August

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2009, 08:31:24 PM »
My gunz have gotten easier to clean as the number of shooting cycles with black powder has increased.  I agree with the Dastardly One, seasoning seems to be real. 

I sure is real on cast iron skillets.  I believe it is a real phenomenon in gun barrels too.

However, the easiest gun I have to clean has chrome lined barrels and one patch does the job every time.

Offline Wills Point Pete

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2009, 11:04:44 PM »
 My main match revolvers never see smokeless, my '92 clone sees some smokeless, rarely. The Colt clones never see smokeless because the full charge BP loads are as powerful as the standard pressure smokeless loads, the '92 clone takes the top "Ruger only" loads. So it gets fired with those, rarely. When I do shoot those it takes quite some time to return to the easy cleaning.

I'd never shoot smokeless in that '92 but I just cant resist those 2,000 fps jacketed hollow points for hunting.

Offline madcratebuilder

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2009, 08:03:31 AM »
It's voodoo BS, the only thing that gets seasoned is the user.  I does help with hair restoration and erection deficiency syndrome.  Yes, after four hours I did call a Doctor and brag.

Offline Jefro

• Top Active Citizen
  • know matter where you go, there you are
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2009, 05:09:15 PM »
It's voodoo BS, the only thing that gets seasoned is the user.  I does help with hair restoration and erection deficiency syndrome.  Yes, after four hours I did call a Doctor and brag.
Yep, BP makes it easy to clean the barrel, but once it's clean that's all it is, clean. Check out Dutch Bill's comments in this Open Range thread. ;D
http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php?topic=6172.msg46501;highlight=bore+butter#msg46501

Jefro :) Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Offline Sky Soldier

• Very Active Citizen
    • The Green Bee Company
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »
I woosh i cud unnerstan wy nobuddy pays enny ettension two ennything i say. I think its prolly becuz i hav an axent.
3/319 173rd Airborne Bde.(Sep)   May '66 - May '67

If your not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Offline fourfingersofdeath

• The Old Loquacious one's loquacious signature:
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Dang! Caught shooting a 357!
    • Mick's photobucket!
  • Liked:
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »
Huh? Wotcha say?
All my cowboy gun's calibres start with a 4! It's gotta be big bore and whomp some!

BOLD No: 782
RATS No: 307
STORM No:267

www.boldlawdawgs.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com