Cuffs are done....

Started by Arizona Cattleman, November 01, 2009, 06:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arizona Cattleman

This was a detail and time intensive project.  Below is my design of the spots, which took a lot of time to figure out, then the stiching was basically for show, along with a back up to the glue on the lining.  This was my first linning, and it turned out great,  As I said before I used Pig Skin.  A great learning experience and a fun and usefull project. 

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

GunClick Rick

Hey can i get those on the CUFF :D  Nice job ,i like spots.. :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Kid Terico

AC told u that u would have a nice pair of cuffs when done and you SURE do. Keep it comming. KT

Slowhand Bob

I like it.  You are really showing some talent, betcha wish you had started this years earlier?  I am really wanting to spend an afternoon in the shop myself but do not see it happening anytime real soon.  If I can get just a short break I do want to get some tracings for a quick, easy and versatile double shot shell pouch/cup that can be used on belts or slides, to post here.  Not pretty but pretty simple!  Perhaps tomorrow I can get some of it.

Arizona Cattleman

SB, I have somewhat of an advantage, I'm not married so I have alot of time on my hands.  Not retired as of yet so during the week I work, but my shop is my motor home where I live, and I am right in front of the TV so it conducive to working on leather.  My last hobbie was fishing, but I found it only enjoyable if I had a partner to fish with, I also am a wood worker, but with the divorce I lost the house so no place to set up all the tools.  With leather, I have the support of the great Pards here, my new friends, and it is a means to an end, CAS shooting.  Hopefully someday I will have a face to face with some of ya.  Hope to retire in three and a half years, and then maybe travel to some of the CAS events.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Gun Butcher

Ac , those look great. Its really nice to have a hobby that also lets you end up with things you can use
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice work, AC. Those are first rate. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Slowhand Bob

The craftsman makes the tools and not the other way around.  Most of the great ones can do more beautiful work with a box of tools than I could ever accomplish with a building full of machinery!  My view on the wife getting everything was that I needed to hurry up and start accumulating again for the next one. ;D

GunClick Rick

That's why my wife won't divorce me,she know's i just go out and get another one.. :P OOPs the dryer just quit i gotta go fold clothes and empty the dishwasher,later.. :-\

What kind of work do ya do Arizona? Your sure good at the leather.

Bunch a ole scudders!

leather banger

those look great I have been thinking about making a set but haven't had the time with the holiday and all but you have inspired me to go to work on a set now.
I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Bodie Bascom

Really nice cuffs.  Love the color and the spots.
Texas Peacemakers
NCOWS
SASS
SBSS
WARTHOG
NRA
TSRA

Arizona Cattleman

Gun Click, I have been in physical security (bank equip, alarms, video etc.) since 1974, was even a safe cracker for 5 years.  Used to open the old big safes you have seen in the movies with the paintings on the doors.  Didn't know a safe I couldn't open.  I now do accesss control for Banner Health Hospitals.

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

GunClick Rick

Dang how cool is that! A safe cracker :)There are a couple antique stores here in town that still have them old safes.

That should be your alias Arizona Safe Cracker ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Arizona Cattleman

It was much easier using modern drills and tools than dynamite!!!!  ::)  I would have been a cowboy or rancher back then, not something as dishonest as that.......Or maybe........

Az Cattleman 
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

GunClick Rick

Yea my last name is SON shortened from SONTAG,but i ain't supposed to tell nobody ;) And i don't live 15 miles south of Ston Corral where they captured and shot cousin John.. :-X
Bunch a ole scudders!

cowboywc

Nice job on the cuffs pard.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ace Lungger

Howdy AC, :)
I just wanted to state that your cuffs are AWESOME :o :o :o :o :o Bud, you are doing a great job! Keep it up!!
thanks for sharing!
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Arizona Cattleman

Thanks Ace, kind of taken to this leather.  Still learnin though.....

AZ Cattleman
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy AC

I'm sorry I didn't comment on your cuffs earlier, I thought I had, but guess I didn't, you really did an excellent job on these, and even lined them, which is first class, your spot placement is beautiful, and they finished up looking Awesome, you're really turning out some fine work pard, keep it up. ::) :o 8) ;D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

AC, I'd say you have taken to this leatherwork real well my friend.Those cuffs will compliment the rest of your outfit real well.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com