Another Knife sheath

Started by Ned Buckshot, October 31, 2009, 04:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Buckshot

This one's for WWE he still has some work to do on the knife.

The last coat of oil is still drying that's why it looks blotchy.

Ned

BTW: it's made to strap on outside the boot.
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Kid Terico

Ned nice work. You sure put out some nice pieces .Do u have a pict. of the knife out of the sheath? KT

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Ned,

That's a real nice lookin' Sheath!  Beautiful job of lacing! A shooting Pard wants me to make him a Boot Sheath. You have given me some good ideas. Thank you for posting this.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

WaddWatsonEllis

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Ned Buckshot

Here's a picture of the Bowie, I havn't had anything to do with the knife construction, Mr. Ellis is handling that.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

JD Alan

Great looking sheath Ned. I really like the lacing. Is that a double loop? I haven't tried any lacing yet, but it's on the list of things to do.
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ned Buckshot

Yes JD it's single lace double loop. It's really pretty easy to do.

Give it a try! ;D

Ned
Ned Buckshot

leather banger

that looks great it makes me want to try my hand at one.
I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Ned

Beautiful work pard, the knife is first class as is the sheath, I like your double loop lacing, that's one of my favorites too, and the use of a bone button for a safety pull really sets the period, I think you have this knife making down to a science, WELL DONE  ::) :o 8)

Regards

tEN wOLVES   ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

cowboy316

great lookin sheath there Ned looks great and WWE wonder where the antler came from lol
and for any  one that wants to know my bowie is the brother knife to WWE's knife LOL
Cowboy316

WaddWatsonEllis

Cowboy 316;

That antler turned out just right!

I had no idea what I was doing ... had seen the theory on this site, but just kinda started drilling.

The hole came out way off center, so I drilled another hole from the other side ... thought I had ruined it.

So I thought, well it's ruined and tried to drill antoher hole from the hilt side.

The two met in the middle, so I filled up the antler with water, spooged Gorilla Glue on the shaft, and hoped for the best

The next morning it was hard as rocks, no novement whatsoever. I'm thinkin that the Gorilla Glue turned to foam and filled all the little holes in the antler and made it rock solid .... and the placement of the antler is perfect for my hand ... like it was something I planned ... LOL.

Now the next step is to do somehtng about the hilt nut ... I never liked it and will putz with it when I get the knife back.
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Marshal Will Wingam

Ned, that sheath is truly fine. I really like the laced edge. It gives it a style all its own. The retainer with the antler button is nice, too.

Cowboy, that one is cool. the recurve at the top is an interesting touch. It gives a little flash under the hilt. Good work.

I'm getting some very good ideas for my knife which will need a handle and sheath. I'm not sure whether I want to put antler or wood on the handle. They both have a good look and feel. Heck, I may even put leather on it. We'll see. The knife has a threaded tang but I'll probably glue it in like a trade knife would be done.

You pards are sure good for inspiration. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

MontanaSlick

Nice work Cowboy, I'd like to make one in that style, I have the leather just need a pattern.

Here's my Sunset knife sheath if I kin get the pik up, My Uncle made the knife way back when, lived in Crawford Neb.

Marshal Will Wingam

That's nice, Slick. Good design. I really like the knife, too. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

MontanaSlick

Thanks Marshal Will,
I'm all out of sheaths, stiil have my Gt.Uncles antler knife he made for me,I'll never part with that one.

Making sheaths fer everbody cept for myself, bout time eh.

MS

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

That's a dandy of a knife and sheath, MS, looks great, thanks for the look see pard  ::) :o 8)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

Montana, thats a good looking sheath pard. I understand that part about always making them for someone else except I have the opposite problem. At least till the wife started hollerin about throwing stuff away. ::)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

MontanaSlick

:oThrowing the leather away? :'(

But their like Family, how could we throw the children away. :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com