Knife and sheath- Complete

Started by Gun Butcher, October 19, 2009, 06:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gun Butcher

Just so you Know I still do leather work. I have been waiting for 2 weeks on some spots for a money belt and to keep from going nuts I thought I would try a knife from scratch and a sheath. The knife is made from a old mill file and I won't do that again for a while ::)  Hope you like the sheath, it will be a mexican loop style, Thanks to Chuck B. for the tutorial he posted, and I will post more pics when its done

Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

cowboy316

howdy GB
sweet knife and sheath i know what ya mean bout making a knife with an old file those things are hard but by god when there done they look sweet and boy do they take an edge
great work keep it up
Cowboy316

Johnny McCrae

Howdy GB,

Wow, that's a great looking Sheath. Excellent job of stamping!. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Gun Butcher, you out did yourself Pard, beautiful work on the knife and the sheath, just goes to show you that you still have what it takes.  ::) 8) ;D

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

You know TW, the only problem is I can't seem to remember where to take it :o ;D
  Any way thanks to all of you for your kind words. This was one of those "I got to have something to do before Mom gets out that honey do list and starts waving it at me" projects. And it may turn out to be one of my better ones.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Kid Terico

GB Heck of a nice knife and sheath. Thats quite a different pattern of stamping. LIKE IT . KT

Gun Butcher

Thanks Kid, and I hope everything is going well with you.

Marshal Will Wingam

Doggone, GB. That border is nice. I like the way you used the veiner back to back between the sunbursts. It'll be really nice with the finish. Looking forward to pics. The knife is cool, too. I know that a knife can be a bugger to make but you did a good one, there. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Stillwater

Excellent knife and sheath... You should consider making those for sale to the knife nuts, like me, on the forum...

Bill

Ned Buckshot

Excellent knife and sheath Gun Butcher. You're right grinding a file can be a long tedious job not for the easily discouraged! ;)

You should be proud of what you made.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Gun Butcher

MW, Stillwater, Ned, and Rick your kind comments are appreciated. As far as selling them goes, I need some more practice to get my lines right on both sides. I watched Chuck Stapels little video and its going to take a lot of the P word to get where he is , but I enjoy making one from time to time. Usually when a little bloodletting seems in order :o :o ;D

Gun Butcher

Here they are complete. Hope you like them.  Knife is 14 1/2 in. long, blade is 10 in. long and a little over 1/8 thick.

Kid Terico

GB now that turned out awesome. That knife handle is out standing. Great, great work.That piece looks like u have been doing it for years. KT

Gun Butcher

Kid, Coming from you that means alot. Still trying to regain and improve skills that I had 25 years ago.
Thank you
                      Gun Butcher

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy GB

The Kid said it right, you did a fantastic job on both the knife and the sheath, it's a pleasure to feast my eyes on them, what's nice about the knife is that it looks like it might have actually come from the 1800's, that stag handle is perfect, and the blade looks evil. you have a real talent pard, your choice of tooling on your sheath is classic looking. My Granddad use to make knives out of files, so I know the work it takes to make a knife like this. thanks for sharing you work with us GB.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

That came out great, pard. I like the color and style. It matches the knife perfectly. Good job.

Gun Butcher

Tenwolves and Marshall Will, I appreciate your kind words. I forgot how much fun it is making knifes. I really enjoyed this one . The stamping is all the fault of this forums ideas, right down to the scallops on the loop. So all of you should be proud of this one.
                                                                   Gun Butcher

Marshal Will Wingam

I bought one of those wet wheel grinders that turn slowly and have the leather wheel for stropping. Been meaning to make one but so far, I've been using it for minor shaping and sharpening. It's sure nice for that.

Gun Butcher

That would be just the thing for grinding files. Would save all that time dipping the file to keep it from getting hot and keep down the dust which is the worst part of the job. I hate wearing a mask but I wouldn't do it any other way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com