New Knife Sheath/ Finished Knife

Started by Ned Buckshot, October 16, 2009, 03:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Buckshot

I think this turned out pretty good considering it was built as a prototype! :-[
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

cowboy316

pretty slick there Ned love the color ya got on it
Cowboy316

WaddWatsonEllis

Like Cowboy 316 said,

Except words like classic and understated comes to mind .... something that would be an appropriate  part of a rig from any time from 1830s to 1900...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice Ned, I really like the deep browns, your border tooling adds a lot of class to this sheath, as does the lacing, looks like you just skidded in on your maker mark, but you got er in there. That knife looks like a dandy too. ::) 8)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Justino Caballo

really classy lookin work! belt loop?
SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF

Kid Terico

Very nice work Ned. Nice to see some thing different.What is the handle made of? KT

Ned Buckshot

I'll post pictures of the knife when it's done, still have about 10 coats of Tung Oil to go! ::)

The scales on the knife are by far the best part. 100% figured Desert Ironwood. The scrolls and twisteing pattern of the grain can mesmirize you trying to track it all the way around.

This one will definatly be a "WINNER"!

Ned

BTW These scales are the most expensive I've ever bought and I've spent alot in the past! :o
Ned Buckshot

Ned Buckshot

Junstino the belt loop is a simple stitched on for about a 2 1/2' belt. It sits slightly below the guard to keep it tucked in to the body.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

GunClick Rick

You are a rat and a sneaky one at that...Nice laceing ::)

'Wy i outta" ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

JD Alan

Wow Ned, that is one cool sheath, in design, color and workamnship. Lookin forward to seein pictures iof the knife.

I talked to Terry today about the antler; it will be on it's way Monday. Hope your feelin better

JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Ned,
Nice neat job on your sheath! Great workmanship. Thanks for sharing this with us
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ace Lungger

Howdy Ned,
Very neat clean lines! The sheath is very nice!!
Keep up the good work!!
Later
ACE
member of the Cas City Leather family!
Member of Storms
Member of Brown
SASS # 80961

Gun Butcher

Very simple , very clean lines, my favorite combination.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ned Buckshot

Here's apicture of the finished knife.

Man I need a new camera!

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Gun Butcher

Ned , you did a great job on that knife. It makes me a little afraid to show mine whenI get it done.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Ned Buckshot

I wish my camera was up to showing the way those scales actually look! :o

Here's a sample picture of the wood, it's not what I have but very representitive.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Ned

That's a beauty, that desert iron wood is really something to feast the eyes on, I like the looks of this knife too, it's a good size for a holster knife, thanks for the look see.

Hope Mom is doing better and you too

Regards

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a really nice sheath, Ned. I like the simple lines and clean look. Good work, there. Nice knife, too. It make a good pair.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

GunClick Rick

I've done swappin and buyin with the leather and Knife crafters here.They have worked with me on purchases and made it alot easier to have some quality goods in my collection that i normally wouldn't be able to get.I am very greatful and thanks very much to Ned Buckshot,Cowboy316,Ace Lunger.I am very proud to own such.I have learned alot watchin and readin and although i am not a crafter so to speak,i know if i was ever in a fix and needed to make something to get by i could and i have you guys to thank,it's very educational and added to my bag of survival tips.

I hope you all have a great holiday season and profitable future.It's been a great pleasure getting to know and chat with ya here.I enjoy all the works i have seen..THANK YOU VERY MUCH  :)

My thoughts are with ya Ned..
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com