BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Chuck 100, Boothill, LoneRider & Kid Terrico,

Beautiful work you Gents have posted. It's a genuine pleasure to view these fine examples of Leather Crafting. Many thanks for sharing your work with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: LoneRider on May 26, 2011, 05:13:05 PMHe has had 2 custom masks made with safety glasses built in.
That's very cool.

KT, that sheath is a good addition to one of dave's very beautiful knives. Nice. Very nice.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

KidTerico

Made this sheath today to go with the Dave Cole dagger . Handle came from the same blue mammoth as the other knife. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

JD Alan

Let me say right up front the holster in the picture is a 40 year old John Bianchi that a friend owns. He asked me to make a couple of mag hollders and a basket stamp unlined belt that would fit through his belt loops. The angle of the stamp is the same as on the top part of the holster, the slot the belt goes through. I used a male-female hardwood mold clamped in a vise a friend made to shape the holders. The belt is still a little dark; but it will dry more

I haven't made any mag holders in a while, and making these two I remembered why. A local "Big Name" builder sells then for $50.00, and as far as I'm concerned they're worth that, considering how much time I have in them.  

I've not had an opportunity to be on the forum for a while, so I just took a look back a few pages, and Holy Cow you guys are doing some great work, to say the least!

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

KT, Looks like Dave Cole made you another beautiful knife, and the sheath you made for it is awesome, they both compliment each other very well. thanks for sharing

JD, nice mag pouches pard

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Wolf Tracker

KT  another nice sheath for another nice knife. Your inlay work is amazing.

JD  nice job on the belt and holders. I would have never guessed the belt and holster were made at different times if you hadn't told us.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Wolf Tracker

Found this picture while surfing the web. I don't know who did it but it sure gives  a whole new meaning to the term saddle holster. Johnny maybe this is an idea for your bike.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Wolf Tracker,

Now that's tempting. What a cool way to tote your Pistols to match. I know of two Shooters who drive their motorcycles to Cowboy Action Shooting matches. Both tow a small trailer for their gear. I've thought about riding my Harley to a match.

Many thanks for posting this.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Beautiful sheath, Kt. I like the lacing across the upper part. Great work. Dave, of course, did his usual outstanding job, too. Thumbs up.

JD, you nailed the match on the belt and mag holders. That's some mighty nice work. Looks really good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

WaddWatsonEllis

Hi Guys,

Boy, would I like fot be a fly on the wall to hear the rider explain to the Ploiceman jus how carrying a gun like that is anywhere near legal ... at least here in California ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: WaddWatsonEllis on May 30, 2011, 12:20:39 AM
Hi Guys,

Boy, would I like fot be a fly on the wall to hear the rider explain to the Ploiceman jus how carrying a gun like that is anywhere near legal ... at least here in California ...

You just stick a red plug in the barrel and carry blank ammo in the cylinder ...  ;D
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Rossmaker

Here are a couple of my latest projects. Used copper rivets for the first time with these rigs, bought the cheap tandy setter not impressed I will definatly be upgrading!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Rossmaker,

That is some very nice, neat, clean looking work you have posted there. Many thanks for showing it to us.

Rossmaker

Thanks Johnny I appreciate it!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

KidTerico

Rossmaker great job on the rig. Keep m comming. KT

Wolf Tracker

Rossmaker  Those are both nice looking rigs.  The rivets add a nice look.

Boothill Bob

Nice rigs Rossmaker. I'm not impressed by Tandys setter either..were can I buy outher setters ???
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Ross Maker, beautiful job on both rigs, if you want what I think is the best Setter for copper rivets I've found yet, then it's
Bob Douglas phone# is 307-737-2222, he doesn't have a web site, so just give him a call, he was getting $50.00 for the set.

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

TwoWalks Baldridge

Rossmaker both rigs are really great.  I love the color on the double loop.  For my own personal use, I would grab the black one ... it reflect the evil part of me.  :)
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com