BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaddWatsonEllis

I know this is way off topic  (kinda), so strike it if you must.

But I was 'gifted' a Yankee screwdriver (which, BTW, is great for putting on Chicago Screws). But when I was given it, it only had the large common screwdriver tip, and all the tips I have seen won't fit in the half rabbeted ends of the screwdriver.

I figure that someone in this forum must use the screwdriver and have a source for the tips ....

Anyone?
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Wad I have a few of these Yankee Screwdrivers, The large one is like the one you posted, it came with two  flat head screwdrivers, and two Philips head, large and small on both, I know they are still used by fine wood workers. try these links http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com/products.asp?dept=370

http://www.garrettwade.com/product.asp?pn=08C03.01&SID=W6061002&EID=Garrett%20Wade&gclid=CMiJ-tiJ4acCFQ12gwod0HoE_Q

http://shop.ebay.com/items/yankee%20screwdrivers?_dmd=1&_sop=12

tEN wOLVES 
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

WaddWatsonEllis

Johnny Mc Rae (et al),

I just got an email that my friend tore the bottom of the flap off below the lower loop ... so he is placing a reinforcing piece of leather behind the flap and clamping it overnight ... sigh .... probably what I should have done in the first place .... but he still likes it, so that is the important thing ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Irish Dave

Handsome outfit, KT. Nicely done.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

KidTerico

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS. kt
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

JD Alan

A shooter in our club asked if I could make him a plain Jane black sheath for his knife; one that would fit his plain black rig with a 2 1/2 inch belt. This is my first knife sheath, so it took a little longer than I expected it to. He asked for the snap wrap around the handle, so that's what I did.  I hope he likes it. I made the holster a while back. 

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

JD, nice clean work, your friend should be happy with this, well done ::)

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Chuck 100 yd

Yes indeed ! Nice and clean,looks like store bought!  Good job!  ;D

TwoWalks Baldridge

JD you did yourself proud, first knife sheath or 10th.  The sheath and the holster together are a striking pair.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

KidTerico

JD great job. Beautiful match. KT :)
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a perfect match for the holster, JD. Very well done. He should be pleased with that.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Wolf Tracker

JD  nice job on the sheath. Like everyone said it matches the holster perfectly
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

JD Alan

Thanks very much guys. Leatherwork's had to take a back seat to work obligations for the past few months, so I've not done much. I just looked back to see what was done by others.

Swifty, nice work & carving on that WB Holster.

KT, your work is always outsanding. You are the bar setter for sure.

Skip, Great job on that rig for your friend. It seems like just last month i stopped by your place; Oops, it's been 7 months! You have aquired some skills friend; not surprising knowing your wood working skills

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

alaskapacker

JD, I think the guys called it right. "Clean" is the perfect word for that knife sheath. Very well done indeed.

AP
There's no stoppin' a man who knows he's right and just keeps on comin'.

WaddWatsonEllis

JD,

My blurry camera covers a plethora of mistakes ... but the real fun was working with the old Colt .. the whole story was that when a friend of the friend bought a box of Mattel Hot Wheels at a garage sale, he had this old non working Colt at the bottom. My friend took it to a local 'smith who said it was a piece of junk and offer $35 for it ... which he did and got the gun ... during a conversation, I suggested David Chicoine, who said it would be several hundred dollars to get it shootable. My friend asked in the most polite way if it was worth the repairs  and Mr. Chicoine replied to the fact that he had a 1883 Colt SAA 4" barrel worth probably several thousand dollars. The long story made short is that Mr Chicoine went through it with a fine tooth comb, and my friend now has an 1883 Colt whose serial numbers match throughtout and is a shooter.

All the bluing is gone ... with the 4" barrel (a custom order feature well liked by lawmen and outlaws alike), I think it might have some history too. My friend has already written to Colt, paid the price and is waiting to see what history Colt has for it ... and I am just realizing that I should have taken a pic of the gun when I had it .... Doh!

NCOWS #3403

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice account, WW. Thanks for sharing that.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy JD,
That's a clean, neat professional looking job! Your stitching looks great! Many thanks for showing it to us
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Range Gypsy

Hi gents,

WWE I always love to hear of folks "rescuing" old guns.  For me I always think they just feel better in the hand and like you said they have a story, cool.

I got this cute little revolver yesterday and spent all morning making it a holster .  I took a photo of it with my boyfriends orig. 1858 Remington to show scale.  It was fun to try to get the scale right on this holster.

The Remington was itself a rescue gun. As it had the frame bent at some time.  With some "surgery the frame is now strait and the rest of the gun has been checked out. He is shooting it at the Canadian national muzzzleloading shoot this summer.

Range Gypsy

Ned Buckshot

I've never seen a revolver like that before. Can you tell us a little about it please?

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

TwoWalks Baldridge

Range Gypsy, Dang girl, that is some beautiful work and looks great with that little revolver.  I am with Ned, more info on the little revolver please.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com