BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

I'm gonna tell peta on ya KT... :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

JD Alan

Feathers it's good to hear from you! One of our shooters had is hip replaced at the end of May. He got a notice a few weeks ago that the hip unit has been recalled, so he's going in for another replacement. Talk about a bum deal!

Skip, it looks like you did a real nice job on those loops, and you sure did get a slug of them on there.

Marshall Will, you can borrow my '97 any time! You'll just have to come up to Oregon to get it
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

WaddWatsonEllis

JD,

That was a really interesting pun re feather's 'bum deal' ... LOL. Feathers, I hope you are having better luck with the 2nd surgery ...

I just counted the loops ... 37 in all ... but I might take one off 'cause it is too close to the tongue ... and 36 round is a couple of pounds that I don't need around my waist ... I already have enough avoirduprois there ... *S*

You might be surprised ... going to Oregon is probably cheaper than paying to have the gun shipped ... might have someone on your door ... LOL
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Forty Rod

I had a pair of El Paso Saddlery money belts with 45 loops of .45 Colt each.  Wore both of them crossed for a long time.

Traded one to a friend and went to one belt for a couple of years.

Now I use one belt with 15 rounds in it, load 10 at each stage and keep 5 for emergencies.

I gained weight from not carrying that extra ammo, but my back doesn't hurt any more.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

WaddWatsonEllis

:D ;D

I probably will be looking at the same kind of back pain ... we shall see .... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

JD Alan

Judge Roy, that was a great story. Having ridden to Sturgis twice from Oregon I can imagine one of these guys showing up there.

Skip, 37 loops is quite a few, but it comes down to personal taste. Some like a lot, some a few, and some, like me, none at all for a SASS rig. A bullet silde is more practical for me, but if you're going to wear any of your work in a reinactment situation it makes sense to have loops on the belt.

Nothing wrong with wearing a SASS rig with a bunch of loaded bullet loops; in fact it looks cool.     
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

WaddWatsonEllis

JD,

I just followed the pattern ... in fact, I am surprised at just how many loops I put on ... was watching some old western movie and just kept sewing ...

NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

Okay, It's been pouring ran since early this AM ...

I am starting to feel the house close in on me ... is there anyone out there?

NCOWS #3403

Forty Rod

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

WaddWatsonEllis

Forty Rod,

Thanks for the reply ... I was begnning to think I was the only member of this websited alive and kickin'...

NCOWS #3403

Old Top

No, I am wandering around out here also.
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

Forty Rod

Alive? Maybe, but whatever gave you the idea I was kicking...and don't imply I'm always kicking about something or I will be kicking!

I HATE rainy Sundays!

WaddWatsonEllis

W.C. Fields remarked in a movie that, "Twas on a day like this that the McGillicuddy  Brothers murdered their mother with an axe ..."

I thought at the time it was just more of W.C.'s dark humor.

But it seems that these three brothers  McGillicuddy lived with their fishwife of a mother in a one room shack on a tennis court sized island of the coast of Massachusetts.

So, after almost 30 days of downpour, the brothers had finally had enough and chipped her to pieces and fed her to the fish ....

And after a day like yesterday, I think I understand entirley ....

NCOWS #3403

Forty Rod

I put this on Tony Tinhorn's grips and jokes sit about 5 years ago.

Old cowboy used to live up a canyon East of my home spread. Had his family up there wit him for a good number of years. After they moved out I found the old guys diary.

Some entries from just before they left:

Mon. Sep.21: rainin, cant go huntin

Tue. Sep.22: rainin, cant go huntin

Wed. Sep.23: rainin, cant go huntin

Thu. Sep.24: rainin, shot gramma

Wonder what ever became of ol' Tony.

WaddWatsonEllis

There it is ...

Here in Sacramento, we have Camelot like weather ... like the rain usually waits until after sunset and is gone by 10 AM....

I guess I am just spoiled ... I really, really don't do well with all rainy days ...

Forty Rod,

Kinda reminds me of a old Jimmy Buffet song about the one time he wintered over in the north ....

Last night

I shot six holes in my freezer

I think I got cabin fever

I gotta fly to St Somewhere;

I gotta go where it's warm.

NCOWS #3403

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Kid Terico

WWE come to MN. We have had 3 days of rain and now its in the teens and glare ice. You'll be glad to get back home. KT ;D ;)

Dr. Bob

Glare ICE!  I'm sure glad that it was 67 here in KC today.  I don't need no stinking ice!!  ::)  ;D  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Dr. Bob

Man oh man!  Go out of town for a couple of weeks and y'all post so much excellent work!   ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Kid Terico

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com