BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Cole

Boy ,that is some beautiful country and great shoots of the buff's.Too bad I'll never see it other than in pics.Very nice saddlebags WC.
Here is a new knife I made for KT, he's working on the sheath right now.It's another file knife, with nickel silver guard and Water Buffalo spacer and Desert Ironwood handle.Dave

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, pards. Johnny, those were all in YNP. What a great place. JD, that had to be a bit unnerving. We had one that walked the yellow line ahead of us for a while then gave us the stink eye so we fell back. I figured that was his turn signal because he then crossed the road ahead of us and angled off to meet up with the herd. Here's a picture of that one when we passed.

Beautiful saddlebags, WC. I like the meander border. Very nice.

Dave, very fine knife. Te handle on this one is particularly beautiful. The grain and color are really something.

I don't know what some people do in roadside rests, but this sign was at one in the middle of Nevada.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Will Wingam

Outrider, both those rigs look great. I particularly like the dark finish on the 3:10 rig. Good work, for sure.

AC, that Hoppy belt is really cool. Thanks for the pics.

Ned Buckshot

Don't forget Marshall Will,

"YA CAN'T ROLLERSKATE IN A BUFFALO HERD"!

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Marshal Will Wingam

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice Knife Dave, you do beautiful work, can't wait to see what KT will come up with for a sheat. ::)

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Outrider

I missed your holsters, nice work pard, I'd say you captured Will's pattern very well, both rigs are top notch, thanks for the look see, it's good to have you back with us again.

tEN wOLVES  :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

Man Mr. Cole you got the golden touch.That desert iron wood is somethin!

I hope ole KT is doin ok today,he is havin surgery again manyana :-\
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

I've been catching up on all the threads that happened while I was gone. Man, there's some beautiful stuff showing up. Too much to reply to all the threads but I'm impressed beyond words. Outstanding stuff, pards.

JD Alan

I took this outside Cody, WY on the road to Yellowstone. My wife and I were on the bike so I definitely took note of the sign. I think the special rule is: Grizzlys Make The Rules!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

JD Alan

Outrider, that is a great example of your consistant excellent work.

AC, you're gonna have to hire someone to be with you when you wear that rig, or someone is liable to sneak up behind you to try to steal it! That is a classic B Western rig if I ever saw one. Nice work so far; do you have patterns and plans already for the holsters?
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: JD Alan on August 02, 2010, 11:44:38 AMI think the special rule is: Grizzlys Make The Rules!

Yeah! I'd say you got that one right. :o

Funny thing. The folks we went to Yellowstone with live in Monrovia. The whole time no one saw a bear. They had a black bear in their street the day they got home. Uh!

Kid Terico

Dave thats a beautiful job on the knife. I just hope I can make a sheath good enough for it. The wood on the handles I have been buying on ebay and Dave has been good enough to me to let me send them to him and use them on my knives. Thats what I call CUSTOM work. Thanks Dave. KT

Kid Terico

Dave Cole knife and my sheath.Last I,ll be showing till get my surgery done tomorrow. Rod maybe I can do another one in the hospital bed for you.  :D Clicker I'll be on drugs so maybe I can get a good idea. ;D There doing cleanup and exployatory surgery so I might get lucky and go home when there done. This is dyed elk inlaid with a alligator belt strap . Dave donated the gator. Thanks Dave. He said he didnt want it to make his knife look bad.  ;) KT 

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

KT this sheath really came out nice, great looking all around pard. ::) :o 8)

GunClick Rick

Lookin forward to seeing the lacing when they get done with ya.Maybe you should take your leather needle and bling hammer ;D ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Arizona Cattleman

Good luck tomorrow KT, nice sheath.  nice knife from Dave.

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Dave Cole

Great job on the sheath KT.Now it looks like a "package".Dave ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

That's a fitting sheath for that knife. Good work. To both of you. :D

ChuckBurrows

Quote from: TN Mongo on July 30, 2010, 07:59:19 AM
From his DVDs I know that Chuck likes to dip-dye his leather work.  When you do a knife sheath with an insert of snake skin, like some of the work Chuck just posted, can this be dip-dyed or should the dye be brushed on to avoid contact with the insert?

Howdy TN -
YOu can do it two ways:
1) pre-dye the overlay
2) My preferred method - seal the snakeskin first with something like a satin varathane (I do this no matter what since it also helps keep it from descaling) then dip dye and immediately wipe off the dye from the snakesking with a rag wetted with alcohol.

aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com