BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MontanaSlick

Nice pik JD, hey, ya missed us in SD, we lived there fer 8 years, our B&B had plenty of room and yer price would have been right.

We did a lot of Old West reenacting in Cody Wyo.T.,Deadwood and all thru the Black Hills...did some Hitchn' fer some folks.

Now it's Hillyard Wa., sit back relax and Play Cowboy. ;D

Preacher with the Governor Hill City SD> 

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

WOW it's hot, it's 8:30 PM, and it's 92 degrees outside, and it supposed to be HOOOOOOOOOTTTTTER this weekend, guess we're paying for the nice weather we've had here in Northridge Ca.the last few weeks. :-\ :'( :-\ :P :P :P :P ::) ??? :o

My wOLVES need some cool water. :D

tEN wOLVES  :P
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dr. Bob

10 wOLVES,

It's 10:45 here and it is still 85.  Thunder storms tonight and tomorrow!  Then sunny and dry for the next 7 days!  Highs in the low 90's.  Heat index this afternoon was 106! :( :'( :(  I was out in it for a while and the sweat ran like a river! ::) :o  Sure was happy to get back into the AC!  NOPE, I'm glad that I didn't live in the [hot] Old West!  It's fun to play for a few days, but I DO like my 21st Century conveniences!  ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

WaddWatsonEllis

I had an interesting converstion with a leather maker, and he kind of put the thing in perspective.

When Krakatoa exploded (1883), it sent a plum of ash and smoke that circled the world, setting off a mini 'ice age ... it actually snowed in New England in July ...

From Wikipedia:

Average global temperatures fell by as much as 1.2 degrees Celsius in the year following the eruption. Weather patterns continued to be chaotic for years and temperatures did not return to normal until 1888.

So cowboys might have been facing much cooler temperatures that we see today ....

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

GunClick Rick

Outside??? Been there done that got the sunburn threw away the T-shirt.. :-[
Bunch a ole scudders!

Dr. Bob

If ya wore the T-shirt you might not have gotten sunburned! ::) :D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Marshal Will Wingam

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on July 14, 2010, 10:41:13 PMWOW it's hot, it's 8:30 PM, and it's 92 degrees outside, and it supposed to be HOOOOOOOOOTTTTTER this weekend, guess we're paying for the nice weather we've had here in Northridge Ca.the last few weeks. :-\ :'( :-\ :P :P :P :P ::) ??? :o

My wOLVES need some cool water. :D
Head on over to Bakersfield and cool off. ;D

Uh-huh. ;D

Yeah, it was the same thing here last night. It took a while to get to sleep. Today looks to be warmer, too.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ned Buckshot

Preety much the same thing here as Dr. Bob except....

106 heat index, 80 dew point and 95!

Ya couldn't even be outside!

Ned

Oh Ya and 9 tornados sighted in the general area!!!!
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

cowboy316

howdy pards
how sad am i when im sitting here wishin i had enough scrap leather to start my ground seat and dont wanna cut into a new side of skirting leather
LOL
Cowboy316

Freedom

Tmi, just take the entire neck and make it a grounds seat :D... not good for much else anyway. ;D ;) :P
www.7xleather.com ...Cowboy and Muzzle loading Gear

WaddWatsonEllis

The Foredcast for Sackatomatoes is 104/67.... with a humidity of around 60.  Thank God for the Delta Breeze that cools us off 40 degrees by 9 PM ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Marshal Will Wingam

It's 81° here right now. That feels like 100° does in Kingman. I think I'll go ahead and scoot over to Battle Mountain (NV) to cool off.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

The only breeze i;m gettin here is the one were shootin here :-[ HOT~~~~ :o and worse tommorrow and i have to drive to Fresno :(
Bunch a ole scudders!

Curley Cole

Will

Alas, It appears that the trip to Colorado is off, as my brother in law decided it is gonna cost too much money to get married there. We have to hang around here for the wedding local, and me and Old Top have to go to a class reunion.

I have been findin good color here from the canyon, one bucket of material was producing at least one small pick outta each pan and once or twice I got as many as 3 and onct I got 6 small gobs in one spot. That much color was great. The next bucket isn't as productive so it is not as much fun, but I am still lookin. Me and my pard are goin back up and look some more..

Hope you get out and get to scratch the ground some...

yer pard
curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Curley Cole

Was a 104 til it started to rain (bucketfuls) about an inch an hour. temp dropped to 92 but humitity when to the ceiling

fraid to look at temp now...ac is good.

curley
Scars are tatoos with better stories.
The Cowboys
Silver Queen Mine Regulators
dammit gang

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

I thought you pards would get a kick out of this story.

tEN wOLVES :D

An old prospector shuffled into town leading an old tired mule.

The old man headed straight for the only saloon to clear his parched throat.

He walked up and tied his old mule to the hitch rail.  As he stood there, brushing some of the dust from his face and clothes, a young gunslinger stepped out of the saloon with a gun in one hand and a bottle of whiskey in the other.

The young gunslinger looked at the old man and laughed, saying, "Hey old man, have you ever danced?"

The old man looked up at the gunslinger and said, "No, I never did dance.. never really wanted to."

A crowd had gathered as the gunslinger grinned and said,  "Well, you old fool, you're gonna dance now," and started shooting at the old man's feet.

The old prospector --not wanting to get a toe blown off-- started hopping around like a flea on a hot skillet.  Everybody was laughing, fit to be tied.

When his last bullet had been fired, the young gunslinger, still laughing, holstered his gun and turned around to go back into the saloon.

The old man turned to his pack mule, pulled out a double-barreled shotgun, and cocked both hammers.

The loud clicks carried clearly through the desert air.

The crowd stopped laughing immediately.

The young gunslinger heard the sounds too, and he turned around very slowly.  The silence was almost deafening.

The crowd watched as the young gunman stared at the old timer and the large gaping holes of those twin barrels.

The barrels of the shotgun never wavered in the old man's hands, as he quietly said, "Son, have you ever licked a mule's butt?"

The gunslinger swallowed hard and said, "No sir..... but... I've always wanted to."

There are a few lessons for all of us here:

Never be arrogant.
Don't waste ammunition.
Whiskey makes you think you're smarter than you are.
Always, always make sure you know who has the power.
Don't mess with old men, they didn't get old by being stupid.

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

WaddWatsonEllis

NCOWS #3403

theirishguard

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Forty Rod

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com