BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KidTerico

This is funny. MY son and I mow lawns for the elderly for free. You have to be 70 or older. I have this older lady  thats 91 and the other day when I got done she brought me 2 cookies and milk out in the yard. She said your such a nice young man and I have to give you something. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

WaddWatsonEllis

KT,

I think age is a relative thing .... I see young mothers at church with three and four year olds ... and they all look fourteen to me!

I am sure that they look at me thinking about what a dinosaur I am ....

That 91 year old was probably doing the Black Bottom when you were a gleam in your father's eye ... and in her day, cookies and milk would have been the 'bees knees' to give to a person mowing the yard ... because the cookies had to be hand backed and given the same attention thay you just gave her lawn ...

And like me looking at the young mothers, she still sees you through that 'looking glass' ...

But as the Aussies supposedly say, 'Good on ya!'

I think it is the service in our lives that keeps us going ... without it, we just sit in front of a TV set and vegetate.

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

KidTerico

WWE I agree but I feel like I, m getting old and she looks at me as a youngster. Its Funny. KT

GunClick Rick

I learn alot doin that Wad olebuddy,in a sneaky way,i use it as tool to educate myself much like i do here.. :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

WaddWatsonEllis

KT & Rick,

I didn't planit this way, but my journey of volunteerism is teaching me far more than I expected  *VBS*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

GunClick Rick

Well i am tryin to help the kid across the street,he ain't had a pa forever and lives with his mom and grandmother and aunts in and out all the time.He's hittin the young man age and it's drivin him crazy.Been teachin him to drive off and on for a few years now,but he can't sit in my lap no more.I may start takin him to the local boxing club my uncle started here years ago..He fought under the name of "Sonny Boy Son" ffft ffft ,sniff", fft ffttt,dance ,jab,ffftt fftt~~ ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

Rick, please slow down, your walking to fast. KT ;D ;D ;D ;D

Forty Rod

Quote from: KidTerico on June 08, 2010, 12:19:33 PM
This is funny. MY son and I mow lawns for the elderly for free. You have to be 70 or older. I have this older lady  thats 91 and the other day when I got done she brought me 2 cookies and milk out in the yard. She said your such a nice young man and I have to give you something. KT

Could be the best she's got, Kid.  At least she's showing her appreciation.  Many don't.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

KidTerico

Forty I think your all missing the point. What I,m getting at is I,m Pushing 68 and she thinks of me as a youngster.I,v been doing her lawn for 15 years and all this time its been I,m a nice young boy or young man. Its not what she gives me. I know she appricates me but the age factor. KT  ;D ;D

GunClick Rick

Makes ya feel young don't it... ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Forty Rod

I get the point.  I'm 68 and NO ONE thinks of me as a kid, Kid...not anymore they don't.

Before my dad died he came to visit.  I introduced him to a friend who is 12 years older than I am, about 65 at the time.  After the friend left, Dad asked me, "Where do you know that kid from?"
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

GunClick Rick

Of course a Kid is just a young old goat :D Baaaa haaaa haaa :D :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

That's the fuuuuuuniest video I've seen in some time, cats are a trip. ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

Sandra a Jesse?? :D My sides were hurtin..Best laugh i had in a long time.
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Looks like we gotta find a leather thief huh? Man and they stole his old guitar!!!!!!!!!!! That is a death sentence!Do you have a link to the news story?
Bunch a ole scudders!

amin ledbetter

What's happenin? Do I need to get my guns? Are we formin a posse?

( need more info Rick!!!!!!! )

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com