BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Alan

Rick, I picked that up in Prescott AZ October 1st, a couple of weeks after 911. You should have seen me talking my way onto the airplane on the way back to Portland from Phoenix right after they started letting people fly again. They were pulling nail clippers, and I was trying to get on the plane with horns that were definitely lethal weapons. Humor works!   
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

KidTerico

JD I dont care what anyone says, thats funny. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

ChuckBurrows

QuoteChuck, I would feel right at home there I've watched your DVD so many times! Maria Muldar, now there's a woman with a voice! With Amos Garrett on guitar it was a combo hard to beat.
Oh my ..... one of my all time favorites........
Midnight at the oasis
Send your camel to bed
Shadows paintin' our faces
Traces of romance in our heads

Heaven's holdin' a half-moon
Shinin' just for us
Let's slip off to a sand dune, real soon
And kick up a little dust

Come on, Cactus is our friend
He'll point out the way
Come on, 'til the evenin' ends
'Til the evenin' ends

You don't have to answer
There's no need to speak
I'll be your belly dancer, prancer
And you can be my sheik

[Instrumental Interlude]

I know your Daddy's a sultan
A nomad known to all
With fifty girls to attend him, they all send him
Jump at his beck and call

But you won't need no harem, honey
When I'm by your side
And you won't need no camel, no no
When I take you for a ride

Come on, Cactus is our friend
He'll point out the way
Come on, 'til the evenin' ends
'Til the evenin' ends

Midnight at the oasis
Send your camel to bed
Got shadows paintin' our faces
And traces of romance in our heads

Oh, come on...

ANY guitar rif by Amos - (although I'm not an egotist I treasure to this day the email you've already sent!
Oddly although I have a good "ear" (been a sound man for more than a few bands) I don't play, but I've built more than a few guitars and sound systems. As to what I've built - electric basses mostly with Alembic electronics (telling secrets on myself - was a roadie for the G Dead for awhile) and at one time Stanley Clark, IMO the most  amazing bassist, played one I helped make . The first time I saw him play - he just just plain blew me away!!!!). As for musical talent - my younger bother is one of "those" players that the Big G gave the talent to....seems like we have more in common than leather.......
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

DUKE DEADEYE NUKEM

Quote from: GunClick Rick on March 31, 2010, 10:38:31 PM
I can see right now i'm gonna need a bigger man cave..JD i'll see your white horns and raise ya two black~~

I'll match you two GCR. I made these up on a rainy day.  ;D

JD Alan

You guys and your horns!

Chuck, I agree anything by Amos G. is a pleasure to listen to. IMHO he's one of the unsung heroes of the music world; what an incredible talent!

A good sound man is a real gift. He's the most critical member of the band. It doesn't matter how good the band plays or sings, if it isn't mixed right you all lose. We do a lot of music at our church with a full band; keyboard, acoustic and electric guitar, drums and 6 singers. We even have a young man on violin and a gal playing flute. We have four guys who rotate as sound men, and while I appreciate all of them, one is head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to having an ear to hear what's happening. They all understand the tech end and can twist knobs, but having a guy with a good ear, that's something else.

On top of that we are a "Church in a box" We haul all of our equipment in and out of a middle school every Sunday because we've outgrown our rather small building. Without our volunteers we'd be sunk!

KidTerico

JD did u say horns? I have a lot of sizes in between. KT

Marshal Will Wingam

Let's not get into politics, pards. Remember the fourm rules. Thanks.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

YEEEEEEE___HAAAAAWWWW i was swingin from the ceilin fans last night! Bedroom Olympics galor and no commercials!Feel so good were gonna run down to the corner Baptist church where the polling station is and vote! She goin dem i'm goin pub we both got

Now that we got that out of our system.

~~~~HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND EVERBODY~~~~ :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

cowboywc

Quote from: JD Alan on April 01, 2010, 09:50:54 AM

A good sound man is a real gift. He's the most critical member of the band. It doesn't matter how good the band plays or sings, if it isn't mixed right you all lose.

Thanks JD is nice to know someone thinks that way.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

santee

Quote from: JD Alan on April 01, 2010, 01:19:47 AM
You should have seen me talking my way onto the airplane on the way back to Portland from Phoenix right after they started letting people fly again. They were pulling nail clippers, and I was trying to get on the plane with horns that were definitely lethal weapons. Humor works!   
Similar thing happened to me. I was also carrying on a set of antique farrier's tongs. They had more of a problem with those than the horns. I ended up having to check the tongs and could carry on the very sharp horns. Go figure.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

JD Alan

Evidently it's a common thing at the Phoenix airport to see people carry onboard these old cow heads. People come to the southwest and want to bring home a reminder of their big adventure! I'd wanted one for years so I made sure to look for one while going to visit a friend.   

The trendy gift shops in Prescott each had 1 or 2 for 50 or 60 apiece, but the tourist trap I stopped at half way between Prescott and Phoenix had about 3 dozen of them for sale at 20 bucks a head. Location, location!

If nothing else it's been a great amusement for my grandkids. They've asked all sort of kid type questions about it, like what was the cow's name, and why did it die.

Johnny McCrae

Today was a "Mixed Emotion" day for me. I put my ski's away till next December and took my Harley for it's first ride of the season. I took the battery tender off and she fired right up after a long winter's rest.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

KidTerico

Johnny M YOU do have the life.  ;)  KT

Arizona Cattleman

JD, do you remember wher you stopped to get them, between Phoenix and Prescott?

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

JD Alan

AC I was going back to Phoenix from Prescott, and it was on the right just before hitting that main road back; so possibly on 69 just before 17, if that makes sense. It was a long time ago!     

Missouri Half Breed

WHERE DO YOU FIND THE PHOTO BUCKET TO POST LARGET PHOTOS ??
your a daisy if you do

Ned Buckshot

Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Marshal Will Wingam

I sent you a pm with a possible better option.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Camp Cook

A bit off the normal subjects around here, but I was pretty tickled with the results of this one.

Being a Chef, this custom knife means quite a bit to me.

Made by TC Blades in Israel.

I suppose I better russle ya'll up some grub....

Camp Cook

One more....
I suppose I better russle ya'll up some grub....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com