BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Buckshot

Maybe it's got one of them inflateable slides you can ride along on!! ::)

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Forty Rod

Quote from: Gun Butcher on January 30, 2010, 06:55:26 AM
  AC, from the look in his eyes I'd hate to be the one what stole his horse ;) ;D

Forty, I ain't got as many decades as some but you're right. Where we going fer lunch? I do remember you said you was buying ;D ::) ;)

Tell ya what I'm gonna do, Butch.  You drag your carcass out here to Ontario, California and I'll buy you lunch at the finest place in the valley.  If you'te married you v
can bring the missus, too an' I'll stand for her lunch.

Whaddaya say, huh?  Whaddaya say?  ;)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Gun Butcher

Well I'll be dipped. I wish I had known where you were. I spent 7 days in Ontario back in October. I tried to get out to Burbank to see WC but didn't get er done. You never know where I might pop up next so keep the invite open and maybe I'll show up one of these days.
If,n I can remember it. ;)
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Forty Rod

Check your personal messages.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Wiley Desperado

Hey make a little room by that ole fire if ya don't mind let me drag up a chair.  Thanks.  Gun Butcher that is a mighty good lookin knife.  Ya know with some of you cowboys showing these fine lookin knives I've been thinkin of trying my hand at making one.  The way I see it is it can't be any worse than my leatherwork.  I have been lookin at a site that sells knife kits and a DVD on how to do it. What do y'all think would that be the way for a fella to start out? Ya mind if I pour me a cup? 
Wiley

Gun Butcher

Shore Wiley,grab a cup and set right down.  I think a kit would be a great place to start. It will give you an idea of what goes into making a knife and I have seen some pretty reasonable prices on kits. And you can't fool us anymore,we know you do some fine leatherwork so we are looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get around to it.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Wiley Desperado

Well thank you Gun Butcher I think I'll try one of those knife kits soon I have one in mind.  Think I'll kick that big log toward the middle so it will burn better.  :) ;) :D  ;D
Wiley

Gun Butcher

Sorry TW, we get kinda carried away sometimes and forget where we are :-[ ;) ;D

GunClick Rick

:-X :-X Who's been eatin buzzard eggs!!!  :-\ :'(
Bunch a ole scudders!

JD Alan

Hey Gun Butcher, I can tell you the trip from Ontario to WC's place is well worth the drive!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Dave Cole

Wiley, I agree with Forty, a kit is a good way to get your feet wet without investing too much money, time or havng to buy equipment.If I can be of any help ,let me know pard. Dave :)

Gun Butcher

JD, I know you are right. One day I was in Ontario supposedly for the week and the next morning I was in Sacremento and spent 10 days.  Everytime I make a plan they seem to figure it out and send me the other direction.

Wiley Desperado

Well thanks Dave, I think I'm going to try one of those kit knives pretty soon.  Of course now remember I'm retired so pretty soon is sort hard to define. 

Forty Rod, back in 2007 (I think) maybe 08.. naw it was late 07 until the end of January 08, I spent three months living at the Residence Inn in Ontario doing some work in relations to the fires.  Wish I knew of you then I would have bought your lunch.

Wiley ;D 

Forty Rod

Quote from: Wiley Desperado on February 01, 2010, 03:12:20 PM
Well thanks Dave, I think I'm going to try one of those kit knives pretty soon.  Of course now remember I'm retired so pretty soon is sort hard to define. 

Forty Rod, back in 2007 (I think) maybe 08.. naw it was late 07 until the end of January 08, I spent three months living at the Residence Inn in Ontario doing some work in relations to the fires.  Wish I knew of you then I would have bought your lunch.

Wiley ;D 

If that's the place just west of Mark Christopher's auto dealership on D Street, I can walk there in under twenty minutes... and my legs don't work all that well.  If it's the one a long block south of there... south of the hotel strip on Vineyard... you'll have to give me another 8-10 minutes.

cowboy316

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO
the local gun shop here has agreed to carry my holsters
WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO
OH HAPPY DAY BREAK OUT THE CROWN LOL
Cowboy316

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Congratulations Cowboy 316, that is great news pard I wish you luck with that, I know you will do well, after they see your work. ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Very cool, Cowboy. Congratulations. That's a well-earned situation. Thumbs-up!

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dr. Bob

Congratulations!!  Way to go.  That feller must know quality leather!! ;D ;D ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick