BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD Alan

Good mornin guys, been a while since I've had a chance to take a peak inside the bunkhouse. In reverse order:

Ned, you do might fine work!

AC, a couple of my good friends are shooting Winter Range this year; Ranger Ken and Miss Rachel. I'm sure you will bump into them, since there will only be a couple of folks there ::) Seriously I hope you have a great time. That collection from your dad is indeed priceless.Thanks for the picture.

Rick, I agree with you on the turquoise. It's some of the most beautiful stuff God put on this earth. That museum is something else. I would love to visit it, but your pictures are the next best thing. Thanks for that.

MHB, I know Ford's slogan is "Built Ford Tough" but I don't think you have to prove it that way! Sure glad to hear you are OK. You must be one tough buzzard!

Last of all, I've not seen Kid Terico post lately, so I hope he's OK. I guess I'll give him a call. He had one heck of a surgery, and he's another tough buzzard for sure, JD 

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Missouri Half Breed

Ned thats what im looking for right ther that is some way cool work that would work percfict for my my sons belt im going to make two of those babbys on the belt and hell be a regrlar Josey Wales i love it i will be asking quistions as i try to get this done pard and this old cowboy sure does apreasate all the help he can get
your a daisy if you do

Ned Buckshot

Here's a picture of the one I make stitched directly to the belt. It was made for Dennis Addler, writer for Guns of the Old West magazine.

The belt style requires toe plugs to hold the extra cylinders in.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Missouri Half Breed

Ned that is some real sweat work that rig is just about as perfict as ive seen looks like you would see it in the 1800 its time corect
your a daisy if you do

JD Alan

Very nice rig Ned. Are those cartridge loops sewn or woven? 

Ned Buckshot

That rig is my rendition of the "Pale Rider" setup. I knew I had to have some way of holding the cylinders in place so that's what I came up with. As you can see the keeper swings down to the front out of the way unlike every other one which is just a flap that goes up and is in the way for quick reloads.

The cylinder carrier is the single most complicated and time consuming project I've done. More pieces to it than an entire belt and 2 holster rig all totaled up!

I've made them before for 3 extra cylinders, twice as much work as the 2 cylinder model.

JD just the ends are stitched, the rest of them are all laced through.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Dave Cole

That rig looks great Ned.I really like the cylinder carrier too, I can see where they can be a tough build.Dave  :)

GunClick Rick

Very nice Ned-A-Roo,real nice cilynder pouch,lotta work there..
Bunch a ole scudders!

MontanaSlick

Yer patients paid off Ned, Ya did a great piece of art work.

MS

Hey EET, the gal at the hardware store said the glue wunt work. wanted to sell me a higher priced bottle of what ever.

Little duzz she know eh. ;D

Dave Cole

Sometimes I get some strange requests for leather.Alan Folts, a knifemaker who I do work for sometimes asked me to do a scabbard for his new blade.While this will be for display only he wanted something wearable and to swivel for deploying.It has a 32" carbon fiber handle and 18" scary sharp blade.I inlaid the scabbard in Caimen and made a ivory concho.I mounted the swivel in the frog and added a baldric as well.Definately different.Dave ;D

Gun Butcher

Dave I can see absolutly no earthly reason to build a knife like that  :o but I LIKE it ;D That is a wicked looking thing.
Your sheath is the perfect compliment to the knife. Outstanding work, just outstanding.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

JD Alan

Sweet Job Dave. It sort of evokes memories of that great knife scene in that Croc Dundee movie. I don't even have to say it 'cause everyone knows the line! 

Wiley Desperado

Dave beautiful sheath pard. 
WD

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Beautiful rig Ned, I've admired this one for some time now

tEN  ;D

Dave, nice sheath pard, and the knife is a looker too, but I think if you would just make the handle about 1 to 2" longer it would look a lot better. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tEN  ;) :D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

I remember you showing pictures of the blade, Dave. What I didn't realize is the actual size of that thing. It's a very impressive item. Your sheath for it is really outstanding. Very suitable for such a blade. Lookin' good.

Ned, I agree with TW about your rig. It's really striking. The color is great for it. Nice work, there.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

MontanaSlick

Go ahead and say it JD,

Now thats a Sheath?

That is awsome Dave, never seen one of those before.

Slick

GunClick Rick

You can see what i was workin on at the Longbranch ;) Go check out my new autograph on my old geetar

Bunch a ole scudders!

MontanaSlick

Nice Rick, very nice.

Why do those didg cameras make us look so big? :o

I take it that you kin play that instrument? :D

GunClick Rick

I don't play that one,to many autographs on it.I, jus got Goerge Jones the Possum wednesday night.I play my new Matin Dm
Just basic country chords.You"ll have to go up the the longbranch forum to see the rest and the best ;)

Bunch a ole scudders!

MontanaSlick

Real Country music?

I had a western band back in the days when country was country and a disc jocky at a local radio station.

Here's a pik of a very dear Friend of mine. Do you recognize him?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com