BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ned Buckshot

Yes Dave there are 6 hidden pins on that. Some blades I just can't bring myself to expose them. And my makers mark is on the back side.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Ned Buckshot

Thanks WC.

I recognize that problem but there just wasn't room for one more on each side. Is there a solution for this or just use a slightly smaller stamp?

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

cowboywc

Howdy Ned
I stamp boarder stamps from both ends to the middle. When I get to a space of about 4 stamps left I check to see how they will fit.
If the space is too big I add a little gap between the stamps. If it is too small I will butt them up tighter.
Hope this helps.
WC
Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Kid Terico

Ned thats nice but I have one thats nicer than that. O O Thats right u made that one also. GREAT JOB.  ;D KT

JD Alan

This is for Forty Rod. That Link you sent around with the artist Alfredo Rodriguez would go over real well on this forum, in this column. What incredible Native American & Western oil paintings! His work blew me away

Just a thought, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

GunClick Rick

If ya ever get a chance to get a Giclee print go for it.I went to my doc the other day and he had one signed by the artist hangin on his wall.They look like oils and the colors are very nice.His was something in regard to John Lennon..He likes to go to the Pendleton Round-up too.
Bunch a ole scudders!

FEATHERS

G'Day Pards,Thought this might be the real JD,with his Black Holster :P :P :P Feathers

Marshal Will Wingam

Beautiful, Ned. I like the shape and graceful simplicity. The sheath is perfect for it.

Dave, I really want to see what you come up with for that one. Maybe a shoulder sling or something?

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Forty Rod

Quote from: JD Alan on January 18, 2010, 07:30:33 PM
This is for Forty Rod. That Link you sent around with the artist Alfredo Rodriguez would go over real well on this forum, in this column. What incredible Native American & Western oil paintings! His work blew me away

Just a thought, JD

I agree, it's some marvelous work.

Go ahead and put it up, J.D.  I think I deleted it, and wouldn't know how to post it anyway. 
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

GunClick Rick

Quote from: FEATHERS on January 18, 2010, 10:06:31 PM
G'Day Pards,Thought this might be the real JD,with his Black Holster :P :P :P Feathers

I KNEW IT!!! HE"S, The Black Baptist!!!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Gun Butcher

Ned, thats a beautiful knife and I love your spoon clips.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

JD Alan

I WISH I looked that good! I'd have to drop a hunerd pounds for that to happen (not a bad idea)

On a more positive note, Forty Rod sent me a Link to some incredible art work that's available to view on line.

They are oil paintings of trappers, cowboys and Native Americans. Really amazing stuff

Well, it's not a link, and I'm not sure how to get it from where it is to this page. The artist is Alfredo Rodriguez, and he has a web site. If you want to see the slide show, send me a pm with your email address and I will forward it to you.     

JD

FEATHERS

G'Day J.D & 40 Rod,Ten Wolves emailed me that beautiful work of art as well,he's the man that can put you on to the website.Feathers

Gun Butcher

Heres one for JD. Its a circa 1950 holster from the George Lawrence Co. of Portland, Oregon.

If you go to  www.vintagegunleather.com  and look under the Lawrence name you will see that they made some beautiful holsters . And the rest of the stuff on that site is worth a look also.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

JD Alan

I'm familiar with the George Lawrence name, but not with the history, other than his company was based in Portland. It looks like he made some rugged and functional holsters in his time. Thanks for the heads up, as that is a great site to drool over and get some good ideas.

Thanks GB. 

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

JD, you use to see G. Lawrence gun leather along with Hunter gun leather in most gun shops and some Sporting Goods, years ago, it was very economical, back then and seemed to be  mass produced, a lot of Lawrence gun leather was made of strong Latigo leather, where as Hunter liked to use a oiled leather for a finish I just threw away an over 50 year old hunter  gun belt that finally rotted away, they were heavily used by sportsman and hunters alike, Hunter is still operating.

tEN wOLVES
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Butcher

Well, I just took a looked at this thread and realized my pictures didn't get put on there so I will try again.

The Lawrence co. was in business until 1985.

GunClick Rick

Dang i'm gonna have to hit the pawn shops,there's one down the street that always has a box full of old holsters..
Bunch a ole scudders!

Dalton Masterson

I always dig thru those boxes of old holsters. Never know when one of them wil make a good pattern. I can always restitch the bad ones, and send them back into the world via Ebay if they are cheap enough.
I really like the Bucheimer ones when I find them. Seemed like some very interesting designs for the time.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com