BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaddWatsonEllis

Hi ALL.

The neat thing about October Country is that if you call them they will sell just about any Possibles Bag or hunting bag as a 'kit' ... which includes pre-cut leather, needles and thread ...

Another nice thing is that one can order extra leather to make that divider that was shown above ... or I ordered extra leather and made a sheath for a patch knife on one side and a credit-card sized 'tool pocket' for the other side ...

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

Hi again,

The above being said, one thing I would seriously do is measure what I am going to put inside it ... had I bought a 'kit' that was an inch, deeper, I could have stored my Daterunner and other anachronistic things inside ... like wallets and cell phones .... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Bill LOGAN

Very good work pards .

Here is a small participation for possible bag " beaver tail "

ChurchandSon

Very Nice Cliff....that's a head scratcher...how to do all that double pouch stitching inside out
and still keep it lookin' that good....ya nailed it........Randy
A Pilgrim in the Unholy Land of Kydex

Cliff Fendley

Quote from: ChurchandSon on June 03, 2012, 05:34:22 AM
Very Nice Cliff....that's a head scratcher...how to do all that double pouch stitching inside out
and still keep it lookin' that good....ya nailed it........Randy

Thanks everyone,

I sewed the straps on and then sewed it all together inside out. Then when I had it soaking wet in the home made walnut dye and tugged, pushed, pulled until I got it inside out (or is that outside in ???).

That's why it has such a distressed look but I wanted it like that. It if was a little larger bag made of thinner material it wouldn't be hard but I had thought I messed up at one point and wasn't going to be able to get it turned inside out. I was thinking the whole time this might become a dog toy :o but I figured I didn't have anything too loose but my time since I was kind of making it out of scrap material anyway.

It was kind of fun to do once I've figured it out. I'd like to make something more nice now like what Bill posted.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

GunClick Rick

That's what i call thinking inside out of the box~ :) :-\ ;D

You gonna sale that one :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Cliff Fendley

I actually made it for myself but you know how that goes. I've sold a lot of things I made for myself with the mindset I can always make me another.

I have been wanting a period pouch for muzzleloader deer season and with the NCOWS Nationals coming this week I got motivated to make something quick to have it since I will probably be shooting cap and ball during the side matches.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

GunClick Rick

Wished i could go with ya..
Bunch a ole scudders!

EE Taft

Some more goodies!!

This SG belt for a Pard . nice simple design. extremely tough!

This rig I built for a young'un down in Texas. This was built as a Christmas gift for him. His Granddad had been for quite some time  trying to get him outfitted for CAS and was having trouble getting funds together after some major medical expenses.

Sorry about the picture quality. ;D

~EE Taft~
Hell fire, I done mosey'd inta tha red light district!
SASS#87087

The grass ain't no greener on tha other side....I done been over there and looked.

http://www.cascity.com/posse/cgi/pm.cgi?action=display&login=EE_Taft&session=RUVfVGFmdHw5MTQ5MzEzMTR8MTI2NTM2NTgxNQ

Marshal Will Wingam

Cool possible bags, WW, Bill. Very nice designs.

Nice belt and rig, EE. They both look good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

EE Taft

I like the possible bags! Especially the double pockets on the one.

Good stuff all around!
SASS#87087

The grass ain't no greener on tha other side....I done been over there and looked.

http://www.cascity.com/posse/cgi/pm.cgi?action=display&login=EE_Taft&session=RUVfVGFmdHw5MTQ5MzEzMTR8MTI2NTM2NTgxNQ

Bill LOGAN

Very nice Chrismas gift

EE Taft

I was shocked at the size the little guy needed. As you can see the belt is awful short. I called the man to confirm before I build.......

22 inches to center hole! That was on an eight year old!

I'm eagerly awaiting a picture from him of the kiddo wearing it!

;D

~EE Taft~

SASS#87087

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

EE Taft, Well done pard, be sure to post a picture of the Rascal if he sends you one.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

EE Taft

Thanks for the kind comments!

If I get a pic of the kiddo I'll be sure to post it. His Granddad is getting ready for some surgery and said he'll get some pics when he recovers. Their family has been through a lot lately having dealt with cancer and beat it!!, and other issues.

Just one of the many friends I've made in this sport that I keep in my thoughts and prayers everyday.

~EE Taft~
SASS#87087

Skeeter Lewis

Some great work, pards. E. E. and Bill - terrific.
Beautiful work, Cliff. That double pouch is certainly a lot of work.
I have Albert's book too - some great old time pouches in there....

mrwilmoth

Shes a beauty!

Quote from: ShortBBL on December 07, 2010, 04:40:28 PM
Wow!! Super nice!

How do I even follow up with this one??

My #1...... Fully lined with smooth leather.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks good, mirwilmoth. Clean and attractive. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com