BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skeeter Lewis

Thanks pards.
Yes, I do my own patterns, though I use motifs I've come across in Packing Iron and Cowboys & The Trappings of the Old West. I'm an illustrator, so the drawing aspect is okay for me.
Skeet

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Wow, nice work Skeet, as usual thanks for the look see pard. ::)

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Boothill Bob

Quote from: Skeeter Lewis on May 24, 2012, 03:41:03 AM
Thanks pards.
Yes, I do my own patterns, though I use motifs I've come across in Packing Iron and Cowboys & The Trappings of the Old West. I'm an illustrator, so the drawing aspect is okay for me.
Skeet

Thats nice... Maby a shouid try it sometime.. Maby have to buy a book about sheridan carving.
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Skeeter Lewis

Sheridan carving is a modern version of the traditional style. I have the book by Bill Gardner and Clinton Faye. Very interesting and useful - though the 19th century style is different...

Boothill Bob

Are there books and photos about it?
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Skeeter Lewis

The book by Bill Gardner and Clinton Faye is 'Sheridan Style Carving'.

GunClick Rick

I have one around here somewhere,but i don't do leather.Yours if ya want it~Don't know how to get it to ya though ???
Bunch a ole scudders!

Bill LOGAN

That of beautiful things since my last visit.
Bravo in all

EE Taft

Howdy Pards!!

WoW!! I haven't been here in so long!! After some bad luck in life I am finally back in the saddle. Job loss due to a major fire at work that destroyed the dealership I worked for.....(No, I didn't light it! ;D) left me with limited funds to do leather work. As of now I am back at it and currently on the job search in western states and looking to relocate.......enough of that!

Check out some new work........MUCH MORE TO COME!!!!

~EE Taft~

Hell fire, I done mosey'd inta tha red light district!
SASS#87087

The grass ain't no greener on tha other side....I done been over there and looked.

http://www.cascity.com/posse/cgi/pm.cgi?action=display&login=EE_Taft&session=RUVfVGFmdHw5MTQ5MzEzMTR8MTI2NTM2NTgxNQ

TwoWalks Baldridge

EE that is one plumb nice rig that is sure to garner attention at any gathering.   Good you are back at it and hope you find a job soon.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

GunClick Rick

Yea buddy that's way nice!!! How the pickin goin? You better hang a bigger shingle for that leather work! :) :) :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

EE Taft

Pickin' goin' good as always. Ya can't go wrong pickin'! ;D

Right now the leather workin' is back in force and consuming a lot of my time but I still find time for family and music.

~EE~
SASS#87087

The grass ain't no greener on tha other side....I done been over there and looked.

http://www.cascity.com/posse/cgi/pm.cgi?action=display&login=EE_Taft&session=RUVfVGFmdHw5MTQ5MzEzMTR8MTI2NTM2NTgxNQ

KidTerico

EE just plain BEAUTIFUL. Hope every thing turns to the good for you. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

GunClick Rick

If that's for a customer they will be very happy! :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Welcome back, EE. That's some fine work. The balck really offsets the floral parts. Looks good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

EE Taft

That rig is for the 2011 winner of my raffle for the St. Judes Charity Shoot.......

......Customer loves it....and it's for the kids......Can't get much better than that!

~EE Taft~
SASS#87087

Cliff Fendley

EE, that is a beauty for sure.

Well I haven't posted anything up for a while so I figured I'd show my new purse I made the other day :D

I had accumulated some less than perfect but too large to throw out 4-5 oz pieces and figured it would be just right to make me a new/old looking hunting pouch.

I got some ideas from T. C. Albert's book and here's what I came up with.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

GunClick Rick

I lookin at a suede cowhide one right now just about like that one..Of cousre i'd rather have one like yours,but mine is only 31.00 and a single pouch. I can also ad what i want to it.

http://www.octobercountry.com/products/OC-Kit-Carson-Suede-Bag.html

Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Interesting design, Cliff. Nice idea to make it a double. Looks good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Skeeter,
Outstanding! Everything about this Holster is top notch.

EE,
Beautiful! Lots of thought & work went iinto this Rig.

Cliff,
Great job! It really looks good with that Remington. Must have been fun to sew!

Many thanks to you Gents for sharing your talents with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com