BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slickshot

What in the world is Egg Tanning?  I've really never heard of it before....Walnut dye yes, but egg tanning - a big "no".

Thanks,

Slickshot

ChurchandSon

Thanks Gents..
Mr Slickshot, heard of brain tanning? Egg tanning basically same thing except using eggs,same emulsification of oils in the hide.
I freeze hides and don't really know when I'll get the chance to tan them, brains do not freeze well and we have over a hundred chickens so eggs are not hard to find here. After tanning they get smoked and then dyed.

A Pilgrim in the Unholy Land of Kydex

Slickshot

Thank you so much for that information...

You do great work!

Slichshot

ChuckBurrows

Hey Randy - Lookin' good - if you want some quills to practice with give me a shout...I've got a pretty good selection both dyed and undyed also have some dye stock to dye your own....
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Marshal Will Wingam

That's cool one, Rick.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

KidTerico

Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Skeeter Lewis

This ole cowpoke was too tuckered out to put his gear away - he just went straight to bed.

I made the shirt and bandanna. The saddle pockets are my latest build. I used Will's pattern but with my own tooling design.

Andy Rombach

Howdi Folks

Here is my new F.A. MEANEA Style Gunrig I finished yesterday. The Holster is for a 5,5 Colt SAA, fully braintanned buckskin lined. Belt is a 3,5 inch money cartridge belt with 44/45 caliber loops. Handmade nickel plated California Buckle. Belt and Holster are handsewn as all my work:-)

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Absolutely beautiful Andy, you out did yourself on this one, there is nothing I would change, it is flat out perfect. ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Andy Rombach

Thank you very much TW

KidTerico

Andy thats what I call nice. I REALLY LIKE.. KT

Andy Rombach

Thanks KT!!!
Love to see your work also.

Skeeter Lewis

Hey Andy, we keep meeting...
Another pic of those saddle pockets...

Andy Rombach

Very great Skeeter!!!!!!!!!!!
Fabules craftsmanship!!!!!!! Chapo!!!!!!!

Marshal Will Wingam

Very beautiful, Skeet. Excellent work. Keep it up with those tooling patterns, too.

Andy, that really looks great. Everything about it is done right. Very good work.

Skeeter Lewis

Hey Andy, "chapeau" right back at ya! Beautiful as always.

cowboy316

Howdy Pards,
well home from the Rocky mountain leather trade show and world leather debut had a lot of fun spent a lot of money and i guess my entries did pretty or at least the judges thought so LOL

KidTerico

Tim congrsds. You deserved it. GREAT WORK.. KT

Skeeter Lewis

Great work, Cowboy. Congrats.

Marshal Will Wingam

Outstanding, Tim! A hearty congratulations to you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com