BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff Fendley

That sounds great Will.

I know what you mean about the kydex, if you make modern knives things are leaning in that direction. I'm working with a guy now for a custom carry knife and the way he wants to carry it is calling loudly for a kydex sheath.

The good thing on your pattern packs is if they want more modern carry patterns the list is endless because most styles or brands of guns have two or three different sizes.

Personally I would think there would be more of a demand for a carry holster for the compact and mid size Glock. Except for law enforcement to me it seems there are a lot more 19's, 23's, and the 26 and 27's carried than the 17 or 22. I think I'd definitely try to throw a midsize Glock pattern in there if you have room.

Even though I seldom make them I'm asked all the time about making concealed carry holsters. I'm asked a lot to make modern carry holsters for 1911's but seldom a full size Glock, it seems like it's usually the medium frame Glocks. Other's may have witnessed different but that's been my experience.

I don't know if TLF asked for anything specific but I think you could probably make an entire pattern pack for Glocks alone and cover the three different sizes. Well four sizes if you don't want to leave out the awesome little 36.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

ChurchandSon

I wasn't sure if this would "fit" in here, but, horses,leather, mid 1800's, I guess it does. Anyway a new horse quirt.
A friends yard backs up to a 50,000 acre reserve and his dogs drag up bones and things from it. He sends me some occasionally. This is a deer leg bone and when I opened the box it screamed "Horse Quirt", so I obliged. The bone is a foot long and the decorations are patterned from several pictures of Native American Quirts from the mid-late 1800′s. The rawhide/leather is some of mine. The beaded loop goes around your wrist. Quirts were more for noise making than whipping the animal contrary to what the movies imply...Randy

A Pilgrim in the Unholy Land of Kydex

KidTerico

Randy another beautiful job, I cant thank you enough . It will fit in my collection perfect. Your friend KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

GunClick Rick

Heck if i was a horse i'd let ya whip me with that :-* :)

Somebody take KTs allowance away! :-\
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Randy,you ever try a product called Old Bones?
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Really fine work, pard. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

ChurchandSon

Thanks Gents, this one was fun..kinda neat to step outside my little box on occasion.
Rick, I'm not familiar with that product, but I'll look into it. This one was dyed with reconstituted dried up shoe dye and Indian ink/turpentine...The ink thing is pretty neat..in ancient China they would dye their teeth black with an ink/turpentine mixture...said it preserved the teeth...works on bone also......Randy
A Pilgrim in the Unholy Land of Kydex

GunClick Rick

In that case i'll be right over,i got a hip bone that could use it.. :( On second thought i better not,i may end up in KTs collection :-\
Bunch a ole scudders!

Johnny Dingus

Well I thought I'd post a few pictures of my new Gunfighter Rig.  Thanks to Mr. Ghormley for such a nice pattern.
I kind of hope some of you fella's are making use of his patterns too.

I made them thick so they would hold open when drawing and re holstering.  Going to give them a try this next weekend.

Thanks Will!!

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

GunClick Rick

I'd say you done that pattern right proud :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Those look great, Johnny. The extra thickness should do the job nicely.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

KidTerico

Johnny a OUTSTANDING job on the rig. I like.. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Johnny McCrae

Excellent job, Johnny! You can be very proud of that Rig. Thank you for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Boothill Bob

Johnny, thats a beautiful rig pard, just love it..
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Johnny Dingus

Thank's coming from all of you that means a lot. 
When I modify a proven design I wonder if it will come out and feel good. 
This one does and the pistols come out and re holster really fast.

Johnny Dingus
Spittin Lead and Packin Steel

Not Looking for a Fight but not Runnin Either

Shootin 45LC Ruger Vaqueros, 45LC USFA
Sass 70597  Yeah they count that far
Rat 285
USFA CSS 166

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Well done Johnny, I'm sure Will will be proud of your creation.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Cliff Fendley

That looks really good Johnny. That's definitely one to be proud of.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

GunClick Rick

AAAhh~I could make one alot better than that!All i need is to know how :'( ;D

so in the mean time you all are the best.. ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Andy Rombach

Hey Folks
Two new holster I did during the last several weeks.

have a great day
Andy

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Beautiful work as always Andy, thanks for the look see and sharing with us.

tEN wOLVES ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com