BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KidTerico

Randy its a beautiful job . I dont know what u could have done to make it better for her She will very happy with it. So you all know he made it for my wife. Thank you. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

ChurchandSon

Thanks Terry, she deserves an "Angles Award" for putting up with you...
It'll be on the way Monday.....Randy
A Pilgrim in the Unholy Land of Kydex

GunClick Rick

Hey KT wanna go Morman :D :-* ::)

Love that Hawk!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Beautiful work on that hawk, Randy. Nice photo with the banjo, too. 8)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on March 25, 2012, 12:46:44 PM
Beautiful work on that hawk, Randy. Nice photo with the banjo, too. 8)

DITTO
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Chuck 100 yd

WOW !! It`s been a while since I have had time to linger here and you guys just keep knocking out fine work.
WOW , Just WOW !!  ;D

ChurchandSon

In the main forum BallnCap showed making his axe sheath,it's a nice 'un.  Here's a couple of mine. I used to stick a 'hawk in the back of my belt on fly-fishing trips on the river until I took a tumble. Didn't cut anything off but it started me to thinking, healing used to be a hobby, now a curse.

This is my hatchet and the knife is from half a pair of sheep shears. I saw a guy at a primitive river with his hatchet shoved into a holster and the image stuck with me..

and they tie together and hang off my belt..That's my 1873 Belgium made double smoothbore.

My fishing 'hawk. This sheath has a little 3 finger skinner in it. The two are handy together..

All leather is re-use. Hardened with "Cuir Bouilli" method.. Homebrew dye and you know I have a thing for twisted fringe.
Be safe..let the yungins heal.....Randy

GunClick Rick

:o I'm scratchin a scratcher right now! :-\
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Cool stuff, Church. Thanks for the looksee.

GunClick Rick

I've got 50 scratchers to go,never been scratched,i'll trade those 50 for the homytawk ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

Randy nice job, great work keep it up. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

ChurchandSon

Thank ya' Gents....Rick, I think you can get an ointment for all that itching....

GunClick Rick

i got to get a bigger piggy bank :-\
Bunch a ole scudders!

Irish Dave

Wow. Been gone a while with lots of "real life" encroaching on my real life, if you know what I mean.
Sure been a lot of wonderful work posted since I was last here. And many different styles and time periods, too.

Congrats to all.

A special note to Marshal Will: Very much like the border stamping pattern on your left-hand holster a few pages back. Truly an outstanding design for my taste. Period appropriate, unique, well executed and perfectly befitting the piece.
Well done, Will. I'm envious.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, Dave. Knowing your tastes in leather, I'm honored.

will ghormley

Well, once it happened, there ain't no puttin' the lid back on tight.  I started designin' patterns for modern carry, (1911), and now TLF wants more patterns for modern carry.  I've got a new design for what I call the "Tac M7 Tanker's Rig", for the 1911, Beretta M9, and Glock 22, along with paddle holsters for each.  I may include some other paddle holsters if there is room.

And I'm also designing and manufacturing a new combat knife to get around body armor, and I'm goin' to make a KYDEX sheath body for it!  Apparently, I have no shame.

Just goes to prove the old adage about lettin' the cat out'a the bag.  Hard to put the cork back in the jug onced it's pulled.

Will

"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

Boothill Bob

That sounds verry nice Will. I belive they will sell as good as the western patterns or better.
I've got pattern for IWB 1911, Sig 226, Glock 17 and beretta 92F. And Avenger holster pattern for
the same guns if you want them to work from.

//BhB
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

outrider

KYDEX...bite your tongue......thats sounds great Will....
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

mrappe

"KYDEX" ..... It must be some kind of Injun talk.
God is fluxing me which is good but it is not fun.

will ghormley

Boys, I really must apologize for the KYDEX thing.  All my prototype sheaths have been all leather.  But, the blade is 8 3/4" long.  I don't want some trooper shovin' his combat knife back in the sheath in a hurry and pokin' a hole in somethin' that shouldn't have a hole in it!

At least I'm usin' O.D. Green Kydex for the sheath.  It takes me back to my younger days when we were issued M7 bayonets with the green plastic sheaths.  With leather trim my combat knife sheath should actually look pretty nice.  Can't wait...

I'm pretty sure once I've learned a thing or to about workin' with Kydex, I'll try makin' holsters out of it.  I know what you are mutterin' under your breath, and I am ashamed of myself.  But, you can only ignore the modern world so long.  I may have to be gearin' up soon, so might as well take advantage of the good technologies that have come along.

Will
"When Liberty is illegal, only the outlaws will be free."  Will Ghormley

"Exploit your strengths.  Compensate for your weaknesses."
Will Ghormley

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com