BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

Hey you forgot to stop,i'm still outside with my suitcase ??? Wy i never! ;D

if your gonna sleep 12 hours that's the place to do it.. :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on March 16, 2012, 02:33:01 PM

Thanks pards, I'm in Oregon now, my girl drove for twelve hours straight through, it is so peaceful here, I slept for twelve hours the first day here , I'm a very lucky guy to have her in my life again.

tEN wOLVES ;D

And it is a wise man that recognizes that fact.

Get better quick ... but make sure full recovery is sloooooooow, no need to rush home.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Doc Hawkins

Howdy folks!
Don't post much on this board, but I want to show off the new WB-rig I made for a friend.

Bill LOGAN

Marshal Will Wingam

Very cool, TW. Sleep is good. Got any pics of the property up there? It might make me homesick, though... OK, I guess that'll make a trip up there necessary. ;D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Will Wingam

Beautiful rig, Doc. The wings look great on the strap. Thanks for the pic.

Boothill Bob

Very nice work Doc, thanx for the look see.
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Doc Hawkins

Thanks pards!
BTW, many thanks to Boothill Bob who inspired me when I was making the pattern for the mag pouches. Credit where credit's due :)

GunClick Rick

You should call that The Bad to your Bone rig.. :)Sort of says,i'm already pissed off ,anything else is gravy...
Bunch a ole scudders!

Boothill Bob

You are welcome Doc, glad I could help  :)
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Looking good Doc, well done pard

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Doc very nice looking rig. KT :)
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

ChurchandSon

Dag Trade Knife or Bayonet knife or Beavertail knife. About all the same, depends on who you talk to.
NDN's also called them "stabbers". I think the Beavertail was full tang and the Bayonet or Dag was stick.
This one is a stick tang.
Imported by Hudson Bay Trading Company by the thousands in the 1700′ and 1800′s from makers
such as Sorby, Jukes and Coulson.

This one I done from memory, I saw the original in a private collection and didn't get a picture.
The sheath was rawhide with a tanned wrap with a small tail added to the bottom.
The beads were large pound size and the smaller seed beads in a "zippered" effect around the edges
appeared to be added later.  Also a rawhide braided hanger. The hardwood handle was split and been
wrapped up with rawhide strips.

My rendition, 12″ overall with half sharp x 2″1/4″. Blade is from a crosscut saw.
Handle was a chunk of Walnut. Forged on charcoal, hot cut and filed. No electricity used.
My rawhide and leather, usual finish of grease, dirt and shellac.

The last one is on my "cactus stump"
Thanks for looking....Randy

A Pilgrim in the Unholy Land of Kydex

KidTerico

Randy nice job , thanks for showing. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

GunClick Rick

:o Dang i hate to over pay but i guess 20 bucks would be ok ??? ::) ;)

:) Very nice :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Hey Randy here's an old ax head find from 1960 or so,it was found while searching for arrowheads and beads by my late father in law.I bet you could make a nice relic rig from it,i have had this thing for years in a drawer,you can have it if ya want it.It was found here.It's about a mile down the road,years ago (late 1800s) they had a little indian raid there against some local farmers.I still have the beads and arrow heads.You could probably even put somewhat of an edge on it.Looks crusty but still firm..

http://kaweahoaks.com/html/photo_gallery.htm

Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy ChurchandSon

Great looking knife and sheath, thanks for sharing with us.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

C&S, good looking set. Well done.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Church,

Beautiful job! Looks like it is right out of a museum.

Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

ChurchandSon

Thanks Gentlemen for all the kind words..

Rick, roll that $20 up in the barrel of a .36 Navy and you got a deal.

Here's another I'm just finishing and a first for me. .   A 'hawk for a tiny Lady.
Usually I start with the 'hawk head and finish down. This one I had to work from a max. of 14" length haft
and work everything out proportionately from there.( Using all my Collage edumacated words today.)
That's a 11"  head on my Banjo. They look good together, maybe it will improve my picking....Randy

A Pilgrim in the Unholy Land of Kydex

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com