BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

I wanted needed decided to make a left strong side holster. I changed my mind on the tooling four times while working on it. What started out as a left side Frank James ended up somewhat different. I got to use a couple stamps I'd been waiting for an excuse to use. Due to the changes along the way, the stitch line just kisses the design but it looks fine anyway.

I sewed it with a new roll of thread I'd been saving until I used up the old stuff. I really had to try it. It's 100% pure linen thread, 5 cord, left twist, natural, made in Hungary and distributed by Campbell Bosworth. It's very nice thread. I'm impressed.

I made a new batch of walnut dye and dyed the hoilster. It looked washed out and greyish on the leather. I dunked it a second time and it still looked pukey. I have a jar of dye that's a mixture of whatever's-left-over-but-not-enough-for-anything-by-itself. I put some of that in a pump sprayer and gave it a go. After spraying my holster, arm, face and shirt, it came out OK.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

HEY NOW!!! I like that border tooling nice to see something different,very cool Marshall :)

You may have a new buissness goin too, spray on Walnut tan ,tints from golden to dark walnut ;D

I was watchin Donald Trump last night and you could tell he just came out of a spray tan booth,it was white all around his eyes where they put the little glasses :D 8)
Bunch a ole scudders!

ChurchandSon

That is very nice Sir, I love the color...
I have a can that has several colors of dried up dyes,
add alcohol and reconstitute it for surprise shades....Randy
A Pilgrim in the Unholy Land of Kydex

Django

Hi, i've missed a lot of great work since i last checked in!!!
This is a rig i just finished.
Django
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT
Website http://www.savoirfaire-jazz.co.uk/index.html

Django

And another from Packing Iron
Django
I CAME INTO THIS WORLD WITH NOTHING AND STILL HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT
Website http://www.savoirfaire-jazz.co.uk/index.html

Corkscrew Tom

Been busy making stool covers. Here's a link to my photo buckett site with some pics of different stool covers i've made.
CorkscrewTom
http://s722.photobucket.com/albums/ww226/corkscrewtom/

G.W. Strong

I just finished a M1881 army holster for Capt. Virgil Russo. He requested it be made in russet brown. Apparently these were issued to officers during the Philippine Insurrection.

George Washington "Hopalong" Strong
Grand Army of the Frontier #774, (Bvt.) Colonel commanding the Department of the Missouri.
SASS #91251
Good Guy's Posse & Bristol Plains Pistoleros
NCOWS #3477
Sweetwater Regulators

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, Rick, C&S. LOL, I have big white areas where my safety glasses were.  ::)

Django, those are some first-rate holsters. Very fine work.

Tom, those stool covers look really good. What kind of stools are you putting them on? There are some other very nice pieces you have shown there, too.

Hoppy, that M1881 looks great. Nice work.

GunClick Rick

Someone over t the sass wire was lookin to buy a stool,check it out,i need to get one too :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

Marshal thats what I call FIRST class work. Beautiful color . Just GREAT all around.  KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

KidTerico

Bill LOGAN

Height of beautiful things since my last visit, bravo in all

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Marshall, Django, Corkscrew and Hopalong,

Wow! That is some beautiful work you Gents have posted. Lots of talent shining through here.  As always, a genuine pleasure to look at.

Many thanks for sharing your work with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, KT, Bill, Johnny.

BTW, for pards using vinegaroon, the grips on that pistol were dipped in it to darken them. I only put one coat of finish on them (Linspeed Oil) because I don't like the feel of really shiny smooth grips unless they have checkering or something to keep them from slipping in sweaty hands on a hot day.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice work all around pards, and Will the color looks great and so does the holster, well done.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Boothill Bob

Howdy pards...
Have to say its alot of beautiful work since my last login :P You are amazing pards..
I have just finished up a rifle sling for a frinds 50 B-day, hope he likes it.
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice sling, BB. He'll like it a lot.

Corkscrew Tom

Marshall, Gun Slick, Johnny,
Thanks! I get the stools from Wal-Mart, 24" folding stool with a 12" dia seat. Gun Slick, I saw the post on the SASS wire and posted there also. Haven't checked back there yet. I appreciate the comments.
CorkscrewTom

GunClick Rick

Quote from: Boothill Bob on March 05, 2012, 01:51:13 PM
Howdy pards...
Have to say its alot of beautiful work since my last login :P You are amazing pards..
I have just finished up a rifle sling for a frinds 50 B-day, hope he likes it.

Oh i'm gonna love it but i am 57 Bob~~ :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

BB he cant help but like it.. Nice JOB. KT

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com