BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shotgun Steve

Nice work fellas....Bill...what the others said....CLEAN...I like em'.

Steve
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same of them."

Home of the Plainsmen
http://lastoftheplainsmen.freeforums.org/index.php

NCOWS# 2910
STORM#  233
GAF# 693
U.S. Army
U.S. Marine Corp
Michigan Army National Guard

Johnny McCrae

Beautiful work posted here recently!  Many thanks for sharing it with us. Always a genuine pleasure to look at!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Gun Butcher

Hello the fire.
Just wanted to stop by and let you Pards know I am still kickin and still stopping by when I can to see what youall have been up to. As always their are some mighty fine looking items posted to keep me interested.
You all are doing some great work .
Gun Butcher
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

GUUUUUUN BUUUUTCHER livin the high road life,you should see the coat i had made to go with the awsome powder horn you made for me.Got a shirt too.. :) If you ever head this way let me know..

This leather belt and sheath will go around it,i am hoping to go to a rondevous with my mountainman buddy..

I'll be decked out in my leather beaded moccs too.

sure good to hear from ya.Watch that white line~
Bunch a ole scudders!

Gun Butcher

Well dang it Rick, you sure won't get lost in the crowd with that outfit.
I 'll bet them beaded mocs cost a bunch of hard earned wampum ;D ;D
Looooking good.

GB
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

GunClick Rick

Got the beaded tops from crazy crow 60.00 and the moccs were 55.00 and the gal sewed the tops on,wife had them done for me for christmas.I met a gal that makes the coats browsing around and the coat was only 65.00,she needed money and work so we just whopped that up real quick,she made the shirt by mistake thinking i wanted one,but i'm gonna pay her for it,she is letting me do small stokes,i think she only chrged 35.00 for the shirt.She was having a sale and needed to make some cash and i had a little extra come in..

www.justsara.net
Bunch a ole scudders!

ChurchandSon

Randy Church here...I've been reading these forums for almost two years and have yet to say a word.
This place can be very intimidating 'cause of all the talent and knowledge but I'm getting a little sick of the "modern" forums that look down their nose at my old rusty/crustys..Everything I use is re-used, traded for or homebrewed.
Here's some of my wintertime projects;

The first two I didn't make the knives, just remodeled them and made the sheaths...I have a thing for old butchers..

And  a bone handled fat skinner from a file with a neck sheath

One of my Bowies, was leaning toward that "Tell Sackett" crossdraw memory

And my favorite this winter project, a pipe and bag..

I build Trade Show Exhibits in the real world, a fast paced hi-tech cut your throat business, but the late 1800's is where I like to play. 
A lot of the techniques I use have come from the knowledge shared by the great craftsman on this site...
Thanks to all....Randy

A Pilgrim in the Unholy Land of Kydex

TwoWalks Baldridge

Randy a big welcome:  Your stuff sure won't have anyone looking down their nose here, now you might have a bunch of folks wanting it, so be prepared.   ;D  Beautiful work.

Also a fan of home brewed and old butchers.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Johnny McCrae

Welcome to the Forum, Randy.

That is some beautiful work you are showing us! A genuine pleasure to look at. Thank you for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

ChurchandSon

Thanks Gentlemen, I have drawers of these and can't seem to stop making them. I'd rather bead at night as opposed to turning the rest of my brain to jelly watching TV....Randy

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice work, Randy. Your bead work is a good look on your projects. Welcome to the forum and thanks for jumping in with those photos.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Bill LOGAN

GunClick Rick

Boy would i like a bag for my native american flute.Here's my Tell Sackett knife...You right where you belong ,right here,please post more,i don't do leather work myself,but i sure love everyone work here and i get ideas when i just piddle around with something...I collect native american and play native american flute.

Bunch a ole scudders!

ChurchandSon

Thanks Gents, means a lot.
Rick, that's a nice sticker...I would love to find a pic or the maker of Tell's knife especially the over the shoulder rig.
Here's a couple more Bowies along the same line, one with Vinegaroon veg-tan and one in homemade rawhide..

I've watched the Sacketts and the Quick and Dead 'till I know them by heart.....Randy

KidTerico

I can vouch for Randy. He has did me the honor of making something for me. It is great. Thanks  Randy  KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

More nice work, C&S. I find the handle on the top one particularly fascinating. Looks good.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

ChurchandSon

The honor was all mine Terry(KT) and that holster you made for me even makes my old .45 look good. Hope you are fairing well.

Thanks Marshal, the handle on that one was from a broken hatchet handle. I cut off the splintered parts and
poured pewter on it...Fit the hand very nice...

Cliff Fendley

Welcome Randy! Glad you finally signed on. Nice looking work for sure.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

ChurchandSon

Thank you Cliff, good to see you..Your "Cody Bowie" is still an all time favorite...

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com