BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Rombach

Hey Slickshot

I use a saddlemaker awl, diamand cut plade, and two needles :)
I am sure your work as as good as mine.... It is not the question what others doo, it is the question how I like my work. Others do other work but I love my stile and work... We all are craftsman and always we try to do our best. We learn on each pice of leather... want to be "perfect" one day. I do that for more than 17 years as a hobby but I spend more time on the leather work as others on there dayjobs. I try out 1000 things and through 999 away because I am not happy with the result. I spend a lot of money and time and today I am not as perfect as I want to be... May be I need onother live to be what I want to be. My only interrest is to keep the spirit of the old leathercrafters, the real artists of the wild west between 1860 and 1920.

Sometimes people ask me about prices and they where shocked about my prices, because somtimes I am cheeper than mass product companys ore bad handcrafted thing... Anyway, money is not my main interrest. I am interrsted in the feeling of a pice of leather and the fun the people have with the things I have made for them.

Hope anybody will understand what I want to say.....

on the pic is another F.A. Meanea style gunrig. § inch money-cartridge belt and 5,5 inch SAA Holster. Border tooled and buckskin lined. I do my own buckskin leather brain tanned and hand made, as the native american indains do it. sometimes from amerikan deer or antilope leather (belongs to the work I need it for)

have a wonderfull day
Andy

Irish Dave

Andy:

I hear you loud and clear and I understand.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Slickshot

Andy...

Thank you for you kindness and nice comments.  I really feel you do wonderful and amazing work.

Please keep me updated with pictures of the work you do.

Slickshot

KidTerico

Andy I like fancy rigs my self and all others but you put out some nice looking rigs, KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Andy Rombach

Thanks guys:-)))

Here is another one:-)))

So long
Andy Rombach

Slickshot

Andy,

What kind of leather do you make you belts out of?  How do you get the roll in on the bottom part of the Money belt? I assumed it was a money belt.

Nice Rig!!

Slickshot

Andy Rombach

Howdi Slickshot

I use a special pepple grainde leahter a friend of me does in his tannery especiasly for me. His Company was in buissnes (Germany) till 1864 and they do gerat leather....

The border "Roll was made with a edge slicker tool???? Do not know do you call it:-/// sorry about that.

pic: F.. Meanea, Cheyenn, Wyo, 7,5 inch SAA Holster and 3,5 inch money cartridge belt. Holster is also lined with selfemade buckskin leather. Handsewn 10 stich per inch on belt and Holster. Sewn in plug as well.

have a great day
Andy Rombach

Skeeter Lewis

Great work again, Andy.
What thicknesses of leather did you use in the lined rig above?
Skeet

Andy Rombach

Hey Skeeter
For the Holster I use 3,2Milimeters. For the belt I use 2Milimeters (doubles on moneybelts) for loops I use 1,2 -1,3 Milimeters. The buckskin is 0,7 to 0,9 Milimeters.... Do nit know in inch... Sorry about that

have a great day.
Andy Rombach

Skeeter Lewis

Andy Rombach

Hey Folks
Very buissi with my fu... dayjob.
Here is another Holster for 1873 SAA, 7,5 inch.
Very deep carving. Original was made for a double action gun 1900 - 1910.

Have a great day and merry Christmas to all of ya:-))))

So long
Andy Rombach

GunClick Rick

Can i exchange it if it doesn't fit?? ;D

HO HO HO~~~How do ya say Ho Ho Ho in German??? :P
Bunch a ole scudders!

Andy Rombach

Click

We did it the same way.... HO HO HO, because there is only one Santa I think, and we learn it from him, may be as you.

Andy

Exchange is always wellcome, never had one :)

GunClick Rick

I would love to hang out with you Andy,we could have fun.Merry Christmas to you and your family,what are you doing for christmas?My wife made alot of candy and mostly this year just for the new grand kids.My duaghter is making a very good batch of beef enchiladas,my sister in lae making chicken enchiladas,i'm thinking about making a shrimp salad all easy to make and bake..We used to decorate alot ,not so much anymore..

Thats a bueatiful set!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Andy Rombach

Hey Rick

I will be at Phoenix AZ end of January 2012 for 10 days... Glad to meet ya for a beer or two!!!

So long and happy trails
Andy

Dalton Masterson

Holy Cow. I missed a whole page worth of work.
Nice work Toby!
Andy, I am still in awe.

If you come through Nebraska at all, give a shout.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

GunClick Rick

Would love to be there...When i was 17 i was in Phoenix,in the middle of the desert somewhere helping build an A frame house,slept under the stars and woke up with a scorpian ;)Had to take a bath in an irrigation pond two miles away.Ah the years of my youth what a book it would make ;D ;)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Andy Rombach

Would like to reed it :) It might have some interresing storrys :D

GunClick Rick

Thank god for the statuche of limitations,my cousin is a police seargent and even he can't arrest me ;D :)

How do ya spel stacuch,statues,to late word?? :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Andy Rombach

Hey Rick

My be you are talking about "status"

Say hello to your cousin from a german police officer.

So long
Andy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com