BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Rombach

Hey Curley
Which one are you interrested in????
The main thing is, that I need the same time on a miniature than on a fullsize rig. Just need little lower materal :-\

So long and have a great day
Andy

Cliff Fendley

I cant imagine being able to charge much less. Probably only a couple square feet at the most in extra leather for a big one. I guess it's possible to squeeze a mini out of a piece that's too small for full size in which case it would only get used for scrap or small parts.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Andy Rombach

Ups, No Holster is showing..... Sorry about that.... here it is

Original was made by El Paso Saddlery in 1885 - 1890 also see Packing Iron Peage 113.
This Holster is made for Colt SAA 1873, 7,5 inch

Have a great day
Andy Rombach

Andy Rombach

Hey Cliff
For the miniatures you are right Cliff. It was a hard job to do a 12 stich per inch handsewing, and also sewn in plugs on the holster.....and cartridge loops for moneybelts  :-\ :-\

But it is fun!!!!!!!

Have a great day
Andy

Slickshot

This is my reject holster I had originally planned to give to my Dad which fits a Norinco 1911 .45 ACP.  I messed up with my stitching grooves so I decided to try to hide those mistakes by lacing the Main Seam together with Kangaroo Lace (Natural color - which is as close as I could find to the cream color I wanted).

Please take a looksy and let me know what you all think.  I am looking for pointers and critiques.  I already know I might use different holes and need to work on the spacing of them to get a more even lacing look.

Thanks,

Slickshot

GunClick Rick

Looks fine and dandy to me :-\ :)Ain't nuthin to sneeze atmi like it! :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Skeeter Lewis

Great work on the El Paso holster.

santee

Neat texture there, Slickshot.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Dalton Masterson

I think its pretty good Slickshot! I have never tried lacing of that fashion, but other than maybe a little wider lace, I think you did great.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

Slickshot

Dalton Masterson,

I agree and it is very hard to find the right color in the width of lace I wanted.  This is 1/8, I wanted it 3/8 ths at least.  I wanted a Cream color lace too.

Thanks for everyone's inputs I appreciate them - please keep them coming.

Slickshot

TexasToby

This is 2 I made for 2 brothers to go on their pants belt. They did not want a high ride so, I came up with this.
Swinging a rope is alot of fun unless, your neck is in the loop.

Wolf Tracker

Slickshot  nice work on the holster. I like the color and texture.

TexasToby  nice work on your holsters. I'm sure your brothers will love them.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Andy,
That is some beautiful work you have been posting!

Howdy Slickshot,
You did a real nice job on the 1911 Holster! It sure doesn't look like a reject to me.

Howdy Toby,
Great work! There are going to be two very happy brothers.

Many thanks to you Gents for sharing your work with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Andy Rombach

Hey Folks
Here is a mexican style half flap Holster. Handsewn flam design holster lined with red calf leather, 5,5 SAA

have a great day
Andy Rombach

Irish Dave

Another frst-class piece, Andy. Congrats.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Slickshot

Andy,

Wow!  You do exceptional work!  Do you handstitch or machine sew all your holsters?  Very nice!  Pretty too!

Slickshot

Andy Rombach

Hey Folks
I handsew all of my stuff!!!! Chaps, saddles, holsters, everything is handsewn. Mostly I use 8 stich per inch, sometimes 10 (on the El Paso Holster) or 11 stich per inch around the hat (post on Parts). On the miniautres sometimes 12 stich per inch....

I use only hand waxed linen thred (how did you writ these). Soryy about my bad english.... I am sure you guys will understand this ;)

Slickshot

Andy,

I understood exactly what you meant...No problem there.

I love your work and hope with time I might get close to being able to do your quaility of leatherwork.  Do you use a saddlers awl (diamond point) or do you use a dremel and drill very small holes?

Slickshot

WaddWatsonEllis

Andy,

Your work transcends languages ...and your English is certainly far better than my French *S*...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

LoneRider

Every body does good work!
I just don't have time to do really fancy rigs, too busy turning out functional "Gamer" rigs ::)
Happy Trails

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com