BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrider

RT, Prayers up for your partners wife...hope she gets well soon
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Josh Dabney

Howdy Pards,

Since we all seem to be in a show off your knife and sheath mood here I figured I show off the one I got yesterday.

I joined in on a Chrismas KITH (knife in the hat) where knifemakers who wanna all make a knife and the names are randomly drawn to see who gets who's knife. 

Mine showed up yesterday and I though yall just might appreciate her fer her natural beauty and coincidentally period correct materials. 

1095, Caribou handle & concho, Poured Pewter buttcap, mild steel guard.   Jus  to be double clear Pards I did NOT make this knife. It was made by a feller named Robert Silver of Butch's Forge

I'm sure proud to own this one fellas  ;D,  whatcha all think ?

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

I like it, you did well on this one Josh, and I know who ever got your knife was happy as all get out too, this fella really did a nice job, and it looks period too. Thanks for the look see. ::)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Kid Terico

Josh nice looking knife but I saw the one u made and it was great. KT

Dr. Bob

Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

White Buffalo Chip

Prayers up & on the way
through the ether.

WBC
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government"
--George Washington--

Marshal Will Wingam

Howdy, pards. I'm back from Tombstone. It was a good trip. I see some fine knives here. Very impressive workmanship on all.

Rick, that's a very cool necklace. That deserves a good spot so it can be enjoyed.

That's a cool photo, JD.

RT, prayers up.

The wedding went very well. Everyone had a great time. The preacher was very good and the bordello where the ceremony was held was really nice. Here's a pic of the wedding party. The couple that got married are on either side of the preacher (the guy with the long hair and clerical coat). His wife is to the right in the black and gold. To the far right was the lady that owned the RV park where we stayed. My wife and i are on the left. The dogs all had a good time, too. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Dr. Bob

Cool picture.  Not everyone can say that the got hitched in a bordello! ;) ;D
Regards, Doc
Dr. Bob Butcher,
NCOWS 2420, Senator
HR 4
GAF 405,
NRA Life,
KGC 8.
Warthog
Motto: Clean mind  -  Clean body,   Take your pick

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Will  :D

Good to have you back with us, I'm happy to hear every one had a good time, great picture, it must have been fun to have this take place in Tombstone, and a bordello to boot, I can't wait to re visit there, it been too long for me.

The towns been pretty peaceful for the most part, but we kept a light on for you any how, the pards have been posting some very nice work, which you'll see when you have time.

Talk to you later

tEN wOLVES,  ;) :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Thanks, pards. I've seen that nice work. Beautiful stuff. It's really fun to come back to find such work to drool over.

cowboywc

Leather by WC / Standing Bear's Trading Post

Ned Buckshot

Here's a set of steak knives I'm finishing up this morning. Still some work to do on the edges and some final polishing. It's been a long haul with 50 coats of finishing products.  :o

Gotta get them boxed up and off to my brother and sister in law for Christmas. Hope they like them.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Gun Butcher

Whew, I guess I'm late gettin up this mornin. Beautful knives Ned, those handles are the absolute best lookin thing I have seen lately. Nice work, your brother and sister-in-law ought to be proud of those.
Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

Josh Dabney

Ned,

Lookin fantastic Pard !

I think lotsa folks underestimate the enjoyment one can get from a fine handmade kitchen knife.  I got a couple I made and use'em every day.  I reckon yer kin's gonna be proud as peacocks to have and use these !

If you dont mind me askin-  what kind of finish are using.  50 coats.  HOLY TOLEDO !!!!.   Ive done 5 before but will have to admit they didn't look near that good  :-[

It's a fine job sure as shootin !  those handles look like glass and ain't nothin like that to make that beautiful burl POP.

Again, fine work Pard !   Josh

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice knives as always Ned, thanks for sharing, those handles are the cats me yow, ::) :o 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;) ;D

JD Alan

Ned, those are sweet looking. A gift of custom made steak knives is a tremendous gift. I hope they know what kind of effort went into that project, that way they will apprecciate it all the more. JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

GunClick Rick

That there is how heirlooms are made. ??? WOW!
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Had to go look again,Ned you put the whoop a$$ on that wood,i know how they will look too from the handle on the knife you made me.I hope somebody puts some promenuance with those.. :o Friggin bueatiful man!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

Wow, Ned. Those knives are great. I love the handles. The effort put in was well worth it.

Ned Buckshot

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the kind remarks. ;D

Now I'll try and answer the question about finishing. ???

I start by shaping and sanding the handle stoping at 600 grit wet and dry paper. The first of 20 coats of grain filler and sealer each coat hand rubbed with 4/0 steel wool (hardley more coarse than a paper grocery bag). Then on to the final finish which is Forbys Tung Oil finish LOW GLOSS is what the can says but does it look low gloss to you? 30 coats of Formbys rubbed with 4/0 steel wool about every 5 coats to get rid of the little nastys that show up.

I guess my experiance in hand made custom furniture rears it's ugly head now and then! :P I remember spending two months finishing a hall cabinet made of solid black walnut! This job only took two weeks! ;D 8) ::)

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com