BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outrider

Ned,

The glasses getting fogged trick happens to me all the time in the summer.....been mid to high 90's here with heavy humidity
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Kid Terico

Yesterday the news announced that Mn. Had the highest humidity reported next to the Amazon. No Joke. KT

Ned Buckshot

I heard on the news this morning that counting wind chill and heat index MN has the widest temperature swing in the US!
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

GunClick Rick

So Mn has alot of hot sweaty swingers? :) :) :) I thought Ca. was bad :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Kid Terico

Clicker Mammoth is right and the top is Maple. KT

GunClick Rick

There is some black walnut trees growing wild so to speak on some old property around the corner from me,i wonder if that would be good for knife handles.My mountain man buddy used to get the pup shoots to make arrow shafts from.Alot of it is pretty dried up,been there for years.They used to graft the english walnuts to it.The folks that live around there would probably let me have all i want.There is some oak too,but i don't know what to look for to be a good piece for anything.
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ned Buckshot

Only 118 heat index today!

All time high dew point yesterday @82!

Fargo/Morehead hit a 130 heat index yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

Marshal Will Wingam

KT, that knife is really something. The mammoth ivory is really beautiful. Dave did his usual outstanding work on that. Cudos to you both.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Holyman

Hi,

This is my very first attempt at leather wor in my life. It is all freehand no pattern except for the holster cut out.
I just sat down and started cutting.
Please dont laugh. I know I have a long way to go. Just tell me what you think.
Any advice or tips would be great. Here is the pic.
Thanks Guys.

Wolf Tracker

Holyman  Welcome to the forum. That is some great work for your first time. Looking forward to see it done and also see more of your work.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Bill LOGAN

It is very promising Holyman , bravo.

Holyman

Thanks guys for the encouragment. I will keep plugging away at it. I will post some finished pics soon.

Holyman

cowboy316

howdy Pards
been a whie so i thought id post a simple rig im finishing up for a cutsomer
he had the holster so i just matched the bet to the holster
thanks for lookin
Cowboy316

cowboy316

heres 1  more pic the first bunch was a pic of the bet and hoster minus the bullet loops then close ups of the ends and the loops all i have to do now is line it when and if i can get some lining leather for it
Cowboy316

Kid Terico

Holyman looks darn good for just starting out , Keep practicing , its lots of fun.KT

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Holyman,

Welcome to the Leather Shop forum.

Nothing to laugh at here! You did a great job especially for a first attempt at carving. As Wolf Tracker said, we look forward to seeing the completed Holster and your future projects.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice work, Holeyman, and welcome to our forum, we're happy to have you join in with us :D

316, Beautiful job on this rig, good to see you posting again. ::)

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Holyman, that's a very good job on your first ever project. You're addicted hooked one of us, now. Welcome to the forum.

316, very nice job of matching. The whole rig is great work. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Bill LOGAN

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: Holyman on July 25, 2011, 10:38:30 AM
Hi,

This is my very first attempt at leather wor in my life.

It is with deep regret that I must inform you that the leather bug has bitten you.  There is no known cure for the leather bug venom.  Many people that have been bitten go into regression for a period of time but the symptoms always reappear.  Nice job and free hand no less.  Welcome to the community.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com