BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossmaker

Amazing chaps Dusty!!!

Here is another sheath I just completed, Rawhide inner sheath wrapped with leather. I think I have more sheaths now than I do knives!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very Nice , pard, thanks for the look see. ::) :o 8) ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Rossmaker nice sheath. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Bill LOGAN

Dusty
very good work ,

Rossmaker
very nice sheath

Dusty (rawhide) Wade

Thanks for the kind words all.
saddle up.

Marshal Will Wingam

KT, that sheep horn really does look good. Dave does do good work. Thanks for sharing that.

Bill, those cylinder holders look good. I like the design. Thanks for the pics.

Dusty, those chaps are really something. Beautiful work.

Rossmaker, that sheath is a nice one. You can't have too many.  ;D 8)

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

JD Alan

Looking back over the last half dozen pages tells me the quality level of leatherwork continues to rise on this forum. Let me bring it down a little.

So far I've made one of each of these. I don't know that I'll make the other side of either one yet, but if so I'll make some changes. The stamping on the Cheyenne was a mistake in my estimation. It seems like it's too busy and takes away from the carving. The color is straight Saddle Tan, and it's a bit red for my tastes. This was my first attempt to color the background.

The HOG seems a little short. I did not sew a toe plug in, and I believe as it softens up the 5 ½ in barrel is going to drop out of the bottom at least a little. These are my first attempts at carving holsters, and it's a learning experience.

Bill Logan, I sure do thank you for the excellent pictures of the cylinder holders. It's a great design. I do have one question. How is the bottom piece that the cylinder sets on attached to the rest of the holder. It sort of looks like you may have tucked the back through a slot, but I'm not sure. The rest of it seems clear enough. thank you again.  

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ned Buckshot

Howdy Pards!

I am beginning to sell off my remaining inventory of hardware etc.

It will be a slow process but I just put up 3 spring clips for skeleton style shoulder holsters. $30 for the 3 shipped. River Juction Trade Co. currently lists them for $15 ea. plus shipping.

Take care everybody, there will be much more to come.

Ned
Ned Buckshot

SASS# 2901   nedbuckshot@gmail.com

SEE MY ADS IN CAS CITY CLASSIFIEDS

santee

Your tooling is really gettin' good, JD!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice JD, good to see you out here, and like Santee said, there is improvement in everything you do, keep up the good work. ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Bill LOGAN

Bravo for the work JD Alan, bottom piece that the cylinder sets on attached to the rest of the holder. It sort of looks like you may have tucked the back through a slot Yes , but with my bad English, I shall take the other images dices that possible. ;)

Irish Dave

Lots of great stuff since I was last logged in. Congrats to all. Seems impossible to keep up with all the new stuff getting posted here nowadays.

Will: Really like the holster that you were showing a page or two back. Clean and classy and excellently executed. First-class work for certain.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Chuck 100 yd

Lookin good JD.
You will see a lot more bad stuff  than anyone else will.
The man who washes his own car knows where every scratch and ding is.
Others don`t look that close. :)

GunClick Rick

Dang JD,top knotch work!Wish i could do that :) :-\
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Hey Dusty,that looks like the Riata Ranch Girls,bueatiful chaps on a bueatiful gal!!!
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Another very cool sheath Ross...I'm tryin to get some projects done this weekend...This place is rockin in cool leather! :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

JD great job. Keep it up. KT :)
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

cowboy316

Ned
Dumb question but would this style spring work for a mares leg holster ???
if so i might be able to swing getting them from you
Cowboy316

GunClick Rick

That's what i have on mine although it is a cap rifle gun but made real well from the series.Like i said your welcome to use mine for pattern if ya need to..Has a pocket the barrel goes in first then pull back and it locks in the gun.The pocket at the bottom takes the weight off the gun...
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

I would cover the spring in leather so no scratchy gun.. :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com