BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoWalks Baldridge

Thanks EE, that rig is amazingly beautiful. 
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Marshal Will Wingam

Lucky, that rig is beautiful. Very good work. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Will Wingam

Very good sheaths, Rossmaker. They're quite attractive. Good work.

Bob, those Slimjims are beautiful. Very good work on both. I'd be hard pressed to choose which I like better.

EE, that rig is really nice. You did a bang-up job on that. Very cool.

Dave, that knife is another masterpiece. KT, you scored again.

Marshal Will Wingam

Wow, Dave. Great work on this one. 8) Thanks for the pic.

GunClick Rick

That's an award winner right there! :o Holy bageeebers!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Dave, that is a beauty for sure, the scales look like they could be a brain wave  ::) ???, and we all know who's brain they came from ;), nice design KT, and great work putting KT's brain wave together Dave. 8)

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice work all around pards, thanks for the look see ::) :( 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

TW my friend. you are  a hoot. You have been around GCR to long. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

GunClick Rick

KT waved goodbye to his brain years ago~~~ :D :D :D Baaa haa ha "oh my sides are hurting" :D :D :D
Bunch a ole scudders!

EE Taft

Thanks y'all

Lucky, that Slim jim rig is beautiful! Love the tooling and carving! Very crisp and clean!

~EE Taft~ ;D
Hell fire, I done mosey'd inta tha red light district!
SASS#87087

The grass ain't no greener on tha other side....I done been over there and looked.

http://www.cascity.com/posse/cgi/pm.cgi?action=display&login=EE_Taft&session=RUVfVGFmdHw5MTQ5MzEzMTR8MTI2NTM2NTgxNQ

Cliff Fendley

Some great work showing here pards, keep up the good work.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Johnny McCrae

Was at the 2011 NCOWS National's last week. Lots of great Leather work has been posted lately. Many thanks to everyone for sharing their fine work with us.

By the way Cliff Fendley was in my Posse. We had a good time chatting about leather. Cliff is a dern good shot!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Irish Dave

Good work all around, pards.

Lucky:  Really like the holster style and the carving. Very traditional and a very nice job.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

JD Alan

I'm not going for the two tone look here, they are seprate projects. I'll build a belt for the person who buys the holsters in whatever style and size needed. These holsters are some I've had partially finished for some time. I put them together, forgetting I was suppose to metal line them, so I made another set and did it right. We've got quite a number of left handed cross draw shooters, and I'm hoping one of them will want a set of long drop holsters. I'll put Conchos on the holsters if requested.

I'm working on a couple of Mexican Loop holsters to go with the belt. This one is a straight 2 inches. The buckle is from Ohio Travel Bag. I bought a couple in 2 inch a couple in 2 1/4 inch just to see what they were like. That's as large as they go, at least for this style of buckle. They seem sturdy and well made. It seems like my requests are mostly entry level (read inexpensive) belts & holsters. A straight unlined belt and Mexican loop holsters seem the least time consuming way to go, which is what's important to me.

I suppose if I was better at cutting taper belts I would go that way, since the buckles are quite a bit cheaper. Ranger belts take too long to build cheap, as do lined belts. You pays yer money and you gets yer choices.

I try to make enough to support my ammo addiction.

I need to take a look at what everyone else is doing soon. I just haven't had the time lately. Thanks for looking. The next project (hopefully) is a set of stingray inlaid holsters and Buscdero belt for me. We'll see ::)  

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

JD, nicely done Pard, they look great.

tEN wOLVES  ;D

KidTerico

JD good job, you really have gotten the hang of it. KT

Marshal Will Wingam

JD, those look nice. Clean and crisp. Good work, there.

I like the tapered belts over a ranger belt. The ranger is to much monkey motion for my tastes. I made a plastic pattern for the billet end and it serves to mark the pattern for both ends. Cutting is easy with my small curved blade (the bottom one in the photo). also, I cut one curve where the belt narrows, leaving corners which I like and is easier to lay out. One pattern fits numerous belt widths (see the second photo.

Rossmaker

JD and Marshal Will very nice work!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

Gun Butcher

Well here is one that is a little different. This is what the guy wanted and a lot different than what I usually do but it I think it turned out pretty nice.
GB

Lost..... I ain't never been lost...... fearsome confused fer a month er two once... but I never been lost.
Life is a Journey, the best that we can find in our travels is an honest friend.

KidTerico

Marshal sharp looking rig. Its one to be proud of. It would look even better around my waist. KT ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com