BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoWalks Baldridge

Went this weekend to my first large CAS event at Rail Road Flat California, the High Sierra Shootout. I would guess there was around 100 or more shooters. 

What a great venue and setting.  Tall pine trees with green grass.  Across the highway from the camp sites was a heard of Buffalo about 20 or so and it really added to the feeling.  I did bring home some Buffalo Sausage. 

My wife spotted a lady shooting with a large group at one station and said too me, that looks like one of KT's rigs.  A really nice pair of black holsters with red inlay and a belt too match.  One look and I agreed it looked like one I have seen on here that was done by KT.  Waited until they shot that round and just that quickly I lost track of the lady and never got a chance to verify what I believed to be true.

From what I could surmise there were posses from all over California as well as Nevada, Oregon and Arizona.  If anyone is on here that was in attendance, I know you had a great time and a big thanks too everyone I met for making my wife and myself feel welcome.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Rossmaker

Thanks pards for the feedback and compliments!! TW I will definatly check out that setter from Bob Douglas thanks so much!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

Cliff Fendley

Nice job Rossmaker, really like the Cheyenne
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Marshal Will Wingam

Rossmaker, those are a couple of very nice rigs. You did a super job on them. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Chuck 100 yd

KT , JD , Rossmaker , Very nice work fellers. I have a couple in the works but it`s getting harder to find the time.
I sure enjoy those pictures of yours though.  ;)

Irish Dave

Good work all around, pards. Thanks for sharing these new items.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

craigkennedy

Some saddlebags I made for my daughter ten years ago.

KidTerico

Crank Kennedy  Looking good. They sure held up good for ten years old. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

TwoWalks Baldridge

Crank Kennedy, I bet your daughter was thrilled when you gave her those saddle bags ... Very nice!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice work Craig, these bags look like they have fared well over time, I'm sure they are special to you Daughter too. because Dad made them, BTW, Welcome to the forum, we're happy to have you join in with us, just make yourself at home pard, we have lots of sharing going on here, and a fine bunch pards too.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dave Cole

Here's a new rig I just finished.It's for a Casull 454 7" barrel .I used my 44 SAA for the pic.Alligator inlay and overlay with basketweave lacing.Dave

TwoWalks Baldridge

Dave probably a hundred different descriptive words entered my mind looking at your new holster and all I can spell is "Fantastic'.  You did a really great job and I really like the color as well as the lines.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Absolutely, beautiful Dave, guess you and those Gator's have an understanding, a co-worker of mine lived down your way, and gator became part of their menu, he'd sell the hides on the side , I'm sure you can't do that any more, and probably not then either, but he said they BBQ great and were very good.this holster looks great, and should last a life time.

tEN wOLVES ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

GunClick Rick

Quote from: Dave Cole on June 05, 2011, 12:05:47 PM
Here's a new rig I just finished.It's for a Casull 454 7" barrel .I used my 44 SAA for the pic.Alligator inlay and overlay with basketweave lacing.Dave

PAPA!!!??

Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Now DADBLABIT!!!!!! At ain't no fare,can't be a knife maker and a leather maker!!! :-\

"Go ahead,skin that smoke wagon in that bueatiful hand done genuine gallyator holster!!"
Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

Dave I think I will have to take up knife making cause I cant compete with leather work like that. Absoutely beautiful. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Dave,

Beautiful! Excellent design and workmanship! Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Wolf Tracker

Dave  that is a beautiful holster. That inlay work is amazing.

Craigkennedy  very nice bag. It sure held up nice.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Dave Cole

Thanks everyone.Dave

Rick, I love the gator  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cliff Fendley

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com