BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

BHB, Awesome pard, your Lawman rig looks fantastic, and so does your slim Jim, well done on both. ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

santee

Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

joec

I was raking my brain trying to figure out how that goes together from the first post now I am beginning to see how it works. Beautiful work BHB.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

KidTerico

Bob thats some beautiful looking leather work your showing. The one with all the loops you should sell by the pound.. KT ;D ;D :o
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Cliff Fendley

Bob, that is awesome work on both rigs. If it bothers you too much do you think you could rub more stain on the belt to darken it? I've had to do that when they didn't come out just right. Either way I think it looks fine.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

GunClick Rick

Well here it is,one of them anyway,gonna go back and get the other the gal is holdin it for me.
As i stated the other one is sliced in half then pinned in one corner and the top turns to reveal a carved out ciggarette holder,then slide back together,and the top has two cig holders and A hole for the ashtray,never been used though. Whattaya think? I always wanted a whale tooth,and it is real,did all the tests, passed with flying colors,it's all ivory from a sperm whale,and old whale at that,the young whale teeth are hollow at the bottom the older ones have more of the root to them.Now,should i take the painting off or leave as is.It is signed S.Miguel Azores,San Miguel is a port city in Portugal. And nooooow~~~~ :)

weighs at least a pound..6 1/2 long and 3 inches at the widest
Bunch a ole scudders!

TwoWalks Baldridge

Bob that is some really nice tooling.  The fact the belt is lighter than the holster got me to thinking ... usually not a good thing.

I wonder how many folks in the 1860 had belts, holsters and knife sheaths that matched?
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Cliff Fendley

I bet a lot of them didn't match which is why I wouldn't be too concerned if it was for myself. I always try to make them match because I assume most customers today would expect it. You see a lot of combination's in collections today that don't match and who knows how long they were used together.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Boothill,

Beautiful work you have posted! That Remmy Holster is awesome! Many thanks for showing it to us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

TwoWalks Baldridge

Boothill Bob, I got hung up on the Remmy Rig and missed the finished Law Dog holster, that came out extremely nice.  Now I want to make it more than ever.  Did the pattern come for the 1851 and 1860 colt as well?

Boothill Bob

Quote from: "TwoWalks" Baldridge on May 05, 2011, 08:11:14 AM
Did the pattern come for the 1851 and 1860 colt as well?

Yes, it's pattern for the most common guns in his packs.

Tanx for the words pards. I put more dye on the Remmy belt and got it darker,
So now I'm a happy camper   ;D
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Boothill Bob

Here is the rig with more dye on the belt and a cote of skedmoore
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Wolf Tracker

BHB  nice work on the holsters.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

KidTerico

Bob it turned out really nice.KT

Irish Dave

BHB:

Outstanding slim jim holster, pard. Mighty fine work there. One to be proud of.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Marshal Will Wingam

BB, both those rigs look great. I particularly like the Remmie rig. It has a clean elegance to it. Great color on it. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Slowhand Bob

No, put it under yore pillow tonight and you just might find a quarter in its place tomorrow!  Story?

KidTerico

Rick that was a gotcha. KT ;D ;D ;D

TwoWalks Baldridge

I would offer a little more than a quarter and you would not even have to put it under your pillow.  Heck, I could probably get a whole new set of teeth out of that.   ::) Not that I need a new set, the 6 teeth I got are doing a good job.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com