BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

That grip looks like a storm comin in...MY MY MY beeeeueatifuuuul!!! :o :)

I'll call that one ~The Storm Chaser~ :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Chuck 100 yd

Bill LOGAN

Here is a copy of the holster of the page 105 of Packing Iron (with light differences asked by the customer)
History:
Model made by H.C Heilig de Castroville Texas between 1880 and 1885.

voici une copie du holster de la page 105 du Packing Iron ( avec de légères différences demandé par le client  )
historique :
Modèle fabriqué par H.C Heilig de Castroville Texas entre 1880 et 1885 .

:)

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

WOW, Great job Bill, these old West Texas holsters have a real nice flare to them, and you captured it well, thanks for the look see and sharing with us ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Bill outstanding job. Couldnt ask for anything more. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

TwoWalks Baldridge

Bill seeing your work and others on this board are like having my own personal time machine sitting on the desk.  Beautiful work, it always sets a high bar for me to work toward, thanks.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Wolf Tracker

Bill nice work. That captures the one in the book nicely but still has your own style.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Wolf Tracker

John  that is excellent work on those grips. They look real nice on that USFA.

Dave  nice work on the knife. The two look great together.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

JD Alan

Hey guys, I have next to zero experience with the other forums on this site. Maybe someone could tell me which forum I would want to use to talk about boots; specifically B Western boots.

Due to foot problems I can no longer wear traditional western boots. I need a taller toe box than most "cowboy " boots provide, but I need boots that will pass muster in the B Western SASS category.

Several people have suggested the Ariat brand  but I need a 13 Extra wide, and I haven't found any that size to try on. The other problem with them is the style that looks like it might work has a "sort of" lug sole that is not allow.ed

Others have suggested custom boots, but we're talking $750 just to begin a conversation. So, please point me toward the proper thread to discuss my options.  

Thanks, JD
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Dave Cole

JD, have you thought about some knee high moccasins, something like a plains boot,not sure but I think allowable and very comfortable.Dave

JD Alan

Hi Dave, Skip asked me the same thing, but I'm sure they won't work for B Western. I've got boots that work for the "normal" ranch hand look I go for, and for the Wild Bunch clothing, but I'm working on B Western as well.

Thanks for the shout out
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Boothill Bob

Bill, thats a beautiful holster, I like that modell..
I´ve just made my first Cattleman out of the Will Ghormley pattern, I think its
a nice holster. Its dyed with Light brown, and a cote EVOO and Tan-kote.
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Bill Logan & Boothill,

That's some great looking work you Gents have posted. Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

TwoWalks Baldridge

Boothill, very nice.  I love the color and design of the holster and cuffs.  All you folks post some great pictures.  I have to get my camera fixed or get a new one.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

BHB, very nice pard, thanks for the look see ::)

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

BHB some very nice looking work. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Bill LOGAN

thanks evry body
Boothill , very good job and very nice color

Marshal Will Wingam

Those look really good, Dalton. Very nice work. I wouldn't have thought of Corian, but that's a great idea. Can you drill them to take a screw-back concho? Here's a rig I made for my wife and matched the one-piece faux ivory grips with conchos (glued in with JB Weld) to carry a theme throughout. I made this rig before I learned about vinegaroon but it's still OK.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Will Wingam

Rossmaker, those holsters are really good. Good coloring and great patterns. Nice work.

Great scout rig, BH. The contrasting colors look nice. Also, I really like your Cattleman. Nice, rich color with those spots. It really looks good. Good job on both.

Beautiful Heilig copy, Bill. You really nailed that one. Very well done.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Rossmaker

Bill, great west texas reproduction looks amazing!!I just finished a west texas holster and money belt combo myself I have to get some pics on here though.

Bob, as always beautiful work! You really do great work always A+!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com