BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoWalks Baldridge

RossMaker, two beautiful sets to be sure. The second set is the style I am thinking about making next and this really inspires me to get going.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Chuck 100 yd

RossMaker, Nice job there pard. Love the color and that pattern.  ;)

Boothill Bob

RossMaker, thats very nice holsters.
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Boothill Bob

Have made a new rig just for fun of it. My first scout belt, and I like the modell for the slimjim.
Have to practis with those toe plugs, but its geting better  :D

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Henric, beautiful work, that's a real nice looking rig, perfect for the slim jim, thanks for the look see

tEN wOLVES ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

TwoWalks Baldridge

Boothill Bob, a step above and beyond ... Beautiful.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

santee

Really nice, Bob. Is that deer hide on the fringe?
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Wolf Tracker

Boothill Bob  Nice work on the holster. I like the design.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

KidTerico

BB you did a really nice job on that rig. I like. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Boothill,

Great looking Rig! It has a real classic look to it. Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

GunClick Rick

Nice work you guys,i sure enjoy lookin! I like that twisted fringe!!!!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Boothill Bob

Tanx pards, love to try new stuff. Yes Santee its deer hide, american deer hide to  :-*

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Arizona Cattleman

Boothill, looks great.  Looks like something Custer might have wanted to wear..... :D

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Johnny McCrae

Attached are pictures of one piece Corian grips I just made for my USFA SAA. I've made some two piece grips in the past but was very apprehensive about making one piece grips. My main concerns were fitting and gluing the spacer. I finally found an adhesive on the internet especially formulated for Corian. I also had a machinist friend of mine machine the spacers .005" to .008" thicker than the back-strap. The close machining of the spacer thickness makes for a nice tight fit. The entire process now goes very smooth. In fact, I now find making one piece grips easier than two piece grips IMHO. This set is far from perfect but it's an improvement over previous attempts.

The Corian color used is called "Vanilla" and it sort of resembles Ivory. I get free scraps from a local Counter Top shop. A while back I got a price on real Ivory. The material cost for a set of genuine Ivory Grips is in the $350 to $400 range. Way too rich for my blood.

Now it's back to the shop to finish a matching set for my other Pistol.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

KidTerico

Johnny beautiful job on the grips. They fit real nice. What colors can you do? KT

Dave Cole

Here's a new one for KT.We had some leftover handle materials from the last knife I made for him so KT sent me this blade.Now I normally don't like working on other makers blades but for KT, it's fine.Having said that, we deciding to modify the blade tang so it looked more like a standard knife versus a dagger handle.The handle materials are Water Buffalo horn, Muskox, and Mammoth Ivory, with aged brass.Dave :)

Rossmaker

Great rig Boothill Bob very sweet!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Johnny, your grip making just gets better with every one you do, beautiful work Pal

Dave, you are a true artist pard, and I know KT keeps you polished with all his ideas LOL, this knife is no exception, absolutely Awesome.

tEN wOLVES ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Dave Cole

Thanks TW,as hard as KT pushes himself to do those knockout rigs of his, he is equally ambitous in getting his knife ideas built, and I couldn't be happier to do it for him.Dave ;D

KidTerico

This is the mate to my other knife but it is a dagger instead. As usual Dave shows why hes the best Like he said these are left over pieces and only by being very careful could he salvage enough pieces for a second knife. He saved me $500.00 on the mammoth and muskox pieces. BEAUTIFUL work Dave. Thank You Terry

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com