BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoWalks Baldridge

Cliff scabbard and holster ... first class.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Cliff,

Beautiful work! As Two Walks said "First Class". Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Outstanding work Cliff, absolutely beautiful, I like everything about them, style pattern tooling, and love your use of copper rivets, they just add something special, besides making everything stronger, well done psrd. ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Cliff Fendley

Thanks for the comments everyone, the color on the Jockstrap is my own concoction of Feibings medium brown, alcohol, and saddlers oil. I call it frontier brown since it leaves it kind of aged looking. Also leaves the leather more conditioned and not dried out feeling like you sometimes get with the factory dyes. It's more like the factory oil dyes but even a little oilier.

The scabbard is skirting leather and oiled with some darkened neatsfoot, I'll let time do the rest on it.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Wolf Tracker

Cliff  very nice work on both. The colors are very nice.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Chuck 100 yd

Jack Wagon

As a hobbyist I would like to thank the talented leathersmiths for
freely sharing their knowledge and technics with us. The photos of
your works have been inspiring. I buy my supplies at the local Tandy
store, but the powers that be here in California in their zeal to
protect us from ourselves have banned sprit dyes and certain leather
adhesives. The alternate procedures presented on this site have been
very useful. Here are a couple of projects I've finished up. The holster
on the left and the cartridge belt were made with Will Ghormley pattern
packs.     JW
Jack Wagon
Member NRA
Member #358 SSS

TwoWalks Baldridge

Jack Wagon, some very nice leather work there ... it is a great hobby!  Living in Cali, I feel your pain and am also thankful for all the great help and inspiration folks on this site have so freely shared.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Marshal Will Wingam

Those are some very nice pieces, Jack. Your work is good. Thanks for the look-see and welcome to the Leather Shop. Looking forward to more of your posts.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Rube Burrows

Cliff.....I love that rifle scabbard and holster. I have been wanting me a rifle scabbard......even though I dont have a horse.
"If legal action will not work use lever action and administer the law with Winchesters" ~ Louis L'Amour

SASS# 84934
RATS#288

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy JW, Your work is beautiful, glad you posted them, we're happy to have you join in with us pard, we look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Cliff Fendley

Quote from: Rube Burrows on April 22, 2011, 09:05:49 PM
Cliff.....I love that rifle scabbard and holster. I have been wanting me a rifle scabbard......even though I dont have a horse.

Thanks, I figured for Cowboy action shoots I would cris cross the straps and carry it over my shoulder like a sling. I tried it and it works good that way.

Johnson County Rangers

Jack Wagon

Thanks for the encouragement guys. If you have teenagers in the house like me, I'm sure you will agree,
saddle stitching makes for some fine therapy!    JW
Jack Wagon
Member NRA
Member #358 SSS

Cliff Fendley

Quote from: Jack Wagon on April 23, 2011, 09:13:23 AM
Thanks for the encouragement guys. If you have teenagers in the house like me, I'm sure you will agree,
saddle stitching makes for some fine therapy!    JW

That is some really good work Jack Wagon, saddle stitching is also good exercise for those external rotators, some of the muscles used in the backhanding motion should you ever need it.

Johnson County Rangers

Wolf Tracker

Jack Wagon  those holsters are looking good.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

KidTerico

Jack Wagon those are some really nice holsters. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Johnny McCrae

Welcome to the Leather Shop Forum. That's some great looking leather you have posted. We look forward to seeing your future projects.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Rossmaker

A couple sets I just finished up.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

KidTerico

Rossmaker looking good. Couple of very nice looking holsters.Nice designs.  KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Rossmaker,
Beautiful work! These Holsters have a real classic look to them.
Many thanks for sharing this with us.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com