BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoneRider

A friend's wife asked me to make her something that she could shoot Lady B-Western with and she likes "Flashy"
So, I came up with this;
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/LoneRiderLeather/MVC-408S.jpg

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd133/LoneRiderLeather/MVC-410S.jpg
Happy Trails

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Sharps,

Beautiful work you have posted! It has a real classic look to it. Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Boothill Bob

JD, very nice work pard. 
LoneRider, thats what I call a B-western rig, beautiful work.
//BhB
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

JD Alan

LoneRider, I agree with Boothill Bob, that is one fine looking B Western rig!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

JD, and Long Rider, Excellent work pards, thanks for the look see

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Cliff Fendley

That is a fine looking B western rig and looks like a happy lady wearing it.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

LoneRider

Thanks All!!

Yea, She's happy, she won Lady B-Western at Jailbreak recently.

I'm designing a new style for those of us who can be described as "Portly Gentlemen" ::)
It'll be worn where the shotgunbelt is normally, with shotgun shells and reload loops as well as the holsters on a wider belt. I have found that with the "Overhang" it's hard to pull and reholster the pistols without having them way to the side or leaning back. I was watching a video of me shooting a stage and noticed I was leaning back when pulling the pistols so I could clear the belly :o
Photos will be posted as soon as I get it made.
Happy Trails

Forty Rod

That's a place I didn't find.  Let me know if they work.  I got two sets of drill bits for the small one, but I'd sure like some drivers for the bigger one.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

WaddWatsonEllis

Forty Rod,

What diameter are the drill bits? Mine uses a 5/16 shaft with about a half depth rabbet at the end .... and if they fit mine, I would enjoy purchasing them from you ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

sharps4065

Thanks for all the kind words guys, fired me up for some more projects.....  ;D

Regards
Clive

Forty Rod

Wadd, the drill bits I have are 3/16".  It's the 5/16" that I need.

The Garrett Wade small drill bit sets are #69P01.02 and are listed at $21.50 for a set of 8.  I got two sets for Christmas because I didn't know how long they'd be available.  I may buy two more just in case. 

The drill that takes these (and it's a dandy.  My Dad had one as long as I can remember and I bought mine almost 25 years ago) is all metal and stores the bits in the handle.  It's #69P01.01 at $59.95.

The new replacement drill / screwdriver units (there are two, one is 12" extended and one is 17. 3/4" extended) for the one you have are listed, too, but like I said they take hex bits and GW doesn't sell the old style.

Check their catalog out on line.  It's a marvelous toy store.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

WaddWatsonEllis

I will ... with rtrepdation ....

It looks like a perfect place to spend mone for 'gotta-have' do dads, and spending money is the last thing I need to do right now ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Forty Rod

Me, too, but there sure is a lot of eye candy.....considering my total lack of any skills that those tools would be good for.

Rossmaker

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on April 13, 2011, 11:38:09 PM
Rossmaker, those are good work. Is the rig done with the rust dye?

Swifty, that's darn fine work for an hour. Now we know where you got the name, "Swifty".

Thanks Swifty!! The rig was done with a brown oil dye thinned down a little. Originally it was going to be dyed using a natural walnut dye but my first attempt at natural dye didn't turn out as planned so I'm trying it a second time.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

Rossmaker

Thanks to all you pards for the great comments! I am doing work a little more frequently so I'm learning something new all the time and hopefully improving everytime!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

WaddWatsonEllis

Forty Rod,

I just put the online catalong on my 'Favorites' list: I will look at it tonight ...

Thanks!

NCOWS #3403

Cliff Fendley

Just worked up a couple new patterns.

I made the scabbard for myself and did it based on a Meanea one I saw in Packing Iron.

The Jockstrap holster was made like one seen at a show a while back. The original was made by H A Holtzer.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

KidTerico

Cliff beautiful workmenshop. Great color, I just love it. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

Sharps, that rig is really a fine one. Your skills haven't slumped at all. Thanks for sharing that with us. Those should serve you well at the shoot.

JD, that butt cover is a good design. Nice work.

Nice B-Western rig, LoneRider. Glad to hear it served her well.

Nice patterns carried out well, Cliff. They look really good. Great color, too.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Boothill Bob

Cliff, you did it again. Very beautifull work pard, love the way you got the copper rivets, I dont get them that nice :-\,
maby I juse the wrong tools ???
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com