BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossmaker

Howdy Fellas' haven't been on in a while looks like everyone has been busy!
Santee, Boothill Bob and JD Alan, great work on you holsters!! They look great!!

Here are a few things I've finished lately, a pair of mathing cartridge belts done in a natural finish for pistol cartridges and shotgun shells and a Scout belt with matching holster.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Johnny

Thanks for sharing your trip with us, and the great slid show, sounds and looks like you had a great time. it's good to have you back home with us again. ;) :D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Rossmaker

You're turning out some fine gun leather pard, thanks for the look see  ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Rossmaker

Thanks Ten Wolves!! I really appreciate it!   :)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

Swifty Morgon

Rossmaker, that is a dang good looking bunch of leather gear. I had a friend call me and say he was going camping and needed a holster for his 22 single six heritage. I told him no problem, when do you need it. He said he would be buy to get it on his way out of town in an hour or so. My friends are a pain, but got it done, no frills, nothing fancy, but it will work.
Rootunist  Tootunist Cowboy this side of the Pecos. Bronc stomper, wild woman tamer, will shoot for fun.

Wolf Tracker

Rossmaker  That is some very nice work. The colors turned out real nice.

Swifty  that is pretty darn good for an hours worth of work.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Wolf Tracker

Johnny  Glad you had fun. Looks like an awesome place to ski. Thanks for sharing.

Marshal Will Wingam

Very nice slide show, Johnny. Looks like the snow will be there for a while yet. Glad to hear you had fun.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Marshal Will Wingam

Rossmaker, those are good work. Is the rig done with the rust dye?

Swifty, that's darn fine work for an hour. Now we know where you got the name, "Swifty".

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Rossmaker & Swifty,
You Gents have posted some mighty fine looking work. Many thanks for sharing this with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

sharps4065

My first work after a 25 year break from doing leatherwork. Felt good to be back behind the tools, if a little nervous..... Going to christen these on Sunday at my first CAS 3 gun shoot.

Hold centre
Clive

TwoWalks Baldridge

Sharps it would appear you have not lost the touch with the 25 year break, these look great.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Sharps

Well it sure doesn't look like you lost a thing by being away from leather work, beautiful work, bet it really felt good to get back to it, keep it up this time, we shouldn't stop doing things that bring us joy in life, you have too much talent to let this slip by. ;)

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;D

Irish Dave

Congrats top all who have posted projects since my last visit. Lots of nice work being shown.

Sharps:
Really enjoyed the slim jim outfit.. Very nice early carving style. An authentic looking rig, for sure.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Forty Rod

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on March 21, 2011, 09:14:38 PM
Wad I have a few of these Yankee Screwdrivers, The large one is like the one you posted, it came with two  flat head screwdrivers, and two Philips head, large and small on both, I know they are still used by fine wood workers. try these links http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com/products.asp?dept=370

http://www.garrettwade.com/product.asp?pn=08C03.01&SID=W6061002&EID=Garrett%20Wade&gclid=CMiJ-tiJ4acCFQ12gwod0HoE_Q

http://shop.ebay.com/items/yankee%20screwdrivers?_dmd=1&_sop=12

tEN wOLVES  

Just went through this myself.  Garrett Wade (one of the coolest places around for tool lovers) can't help.  They sell a newer version, but the bits aren't interchangeable and the adapter doesn't work either.  I spend considerable time on the phone with a very nice and helpful gent there, but....!

They do have drill bits for the smaller model...I had been looking for them for years...but I haven't found screw driver bits for the larger version yet.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

WaddWatsonEllis

Forty Rod,

I just orderd a set of 'replacements' that says they fit all 133 series ... I will see when I get them

The other thing to do is find a friendly machinist buy some 5/16 screwdrivers in the types one needs and have the machinist cut them off and add a dado to the end ... and I am sure much easier said and much cheaper said than done ...

But here is the website ... probably the same people you were talking to ...

http://yhst-14955502022428.stores.yahoo.net/bitsandaccessories-yankeebits-133135233.html
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Cliff Fendley

Sharps, very nice job on the Slim Jims. Very authentic looking carving for the slim jim.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

KidTerico

Rossmaker nice looking leatherwork.

Sharps those are some beautiful looking holsters. I wouldnt mind wearing them myself.  KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Wolf Tracker

Sharps  those are nice looking  Slim Jims. Like others kave said, very authentic looking.

JD Alan

Thanks for the positive commments guys, I do appreciate it. It seems to me, looking at all the work posted the past few weeks that the bar has really been raised for quality work. I'm impressed with everything I see, but I especially like Rossmakers belts; they are Awesome!

Here is a rifle butt cover I made for a friend's '73. He wanted something dark, so I tried to accommodate him. I've been making covers for the 66; this one is a little smaller. I'm working on one for the Marlin shotgun type stock.

The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com