BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Range Gypsy

Guys,

This little cutie is "The Earl" made by North American Arms . It is .22 mag with an additional .22 LR cylinder. This particular model has a 4-1/4"  barrel for sale in Canada. I understand the US model is only 4" . I had it to the range last night and it is a blast to shoot.  I can't say much as to the accuracy as the light was worse than poor .  (We shoot under lights) But definitely fun !

Only problem now is the boyfriend thinks his Remmy needs a matching holster  ::)

Range Gypsy

outrider

I have had one of those "Earls" for several months now but have never shot it....they are really neat little revolvers.  Gypsy...does yours have the extra cylinder???  Mine came with a .22 cyl and a .22 mag. cylinder.

North American Arms, now has a new toy out...called the "Ranger".....  It is a top break similar to the old H&R's and Smiths...I am waiting for the prices to come   a little...right now they are asking a hefty price...just under $500.00
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy Gypsy  ;D

You did a nice job on design for that holster, it looks very appropriate for that gun, which is pretty cool, so is the Remington, thanks for sharing, now you can get busy and make that other holster, Har Har  ;D

tEN wOLVES :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Gyspy very nice . Thanks for showing. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

Outstanding holster for that little one. Without the scale of the original NMA, it could pass for a full sized one. Very good work. Love that Remmie, too. :D

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Range Gypsy

Thanks for all your kind words...
And here is a special thanks to Outrider for the patterns. I modified your 6 mag holder to suit my new wild bunch rig. In photo 1:The one on the left is your modified pattern and the one on the right was my first try at a pouch made last fall. I really like the new one, looks neater and will take up less space on my belt by 1" for each double pouch.

I know it is in no way a traditional rig, but I was inspired by one seen a while back on this sight I believe it was by Chuck Burrows. While I can't hope to do tooling that good I fell in love with the style and had to give it a try.

The belt is lined with swede . The screw knife was made by my boyfriend. Most of the ideas came from this site so thank you everyone for the inspiration.
For now I am going to try running everything on one belt. I need at least one more mag pouch and another shell holder for rifle. Perhaps worn on the other side of the buckle ? This will take some figuring . As it is I took all winter to plan it to this point.   

Range Gypsy

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice work Gypsy, and Outrider has been a big help to a lot of us here, well done, and you should get some use out of this rig.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Gypsy you got yourself a darn nice rig. KT

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Gypsy,
Great looking Rig! Looks very functional! Many thanks for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Boothill Bob

Howdy..
I´ve made a WB holster for a shooter friend, working on tha mag holders now..
Gypsy, you have made a beautiful rig, be proud of it.
//BhB
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Range Gypsy

Boothill Bob , very nice holster !

I see this one has a belt lock for stability  too .Can anyone explain the reason for the "t" shape of the back flap , behind the belt ?
I have seen this in several holsters . Is it a style or a function thing?

thanks
Range Gypsy

Boothill Bob

Gypsy. The T-shape is för extra stability, it holds the holster in Place.

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Johnny McCrae

Howdy BHB,
Beautiful looking Holster! Has a real quality look to it. I like the way you flared the pouch for ease of Holstering. Thank you for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Boothill Bob

Tanx Johnny, and the Skidmore works well, I love it.. Have to bue more from you soon ;)

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ed Frost

Hi there BhB ! That holster looks really nice, and fast too ! ;D Exellent work !           These are my latest modells .     Best reg . Ed
There ain't no law against work ,and it aint christmas either !!!

Ed Frost

Other side ...
There ain't no law against work ,and it aint christmas either !!!

KidTerico

BB as usual good job. Nice clean lines. KT

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Bob, beautiful work on your Wild Bunch holster,it looks like it will do the job well.

;D

Ed, good looking holsters pard, you're really doing well, thanks for sharing

tEN wOLVES  ;D

Bill LOGAN

Hello everybody , I present you this set(group) for Remington pocket
Specially made for a lady

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Beautiful work Bill, good to see you back again, thanks for the look see pard ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com