BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

WW, that holster is a good match. Nice work. That's a good companion to your friend's gift.

KT, I really like this one. It looks like it dropped of a page in Packing Iron. Very good job with one of the coolest border stamps. Another winner.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

GunClick Rick

Nice design KT love the stamping! :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

WaddWatsonEllis

Thanks Marshall ...

It was kind of a symbiotic thing ... I needed more leather parctice, and he had this nice antique without a holster ....

And the belt was an old El Paso Leather product that I wasn't using ...
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

TwoWalks Baldridge

KT that is amazing, I love everything about it.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

WaddWatsonEllis

Two Walks,

They say if you can't be handsome, be intelligent .... LOL.

Since I am  just learning this, I am so far below the level of the average guy on here .... when given this great opportunity to do a holster for an old Colt, rather than do it 'handsome', I tried to make it like something bunkhouse made and something the Colt was carried in for the last century ... hella strong and pretty historically correct ...

KT, what can I say but 'I'm not worthy' .... your stuff is so good it gives me a spot to aim for ... wow!
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

KidTerico

WWE Thank you but your last rig should make your friend more than happy. All any of us can do is keep trying and remember the most important thing is to have FUN.. Keep them comming Love looking at your work. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

Wolf Tracker

KT  another beautiful rig. That is some very nice border stamping.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

KidTerico

Thank you all for your nice comments. KT

santee

KT, that sheath is such a focal point for the whole work. Wonderfully done!
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Chuck 100 yd

Great work there pards.  ;)

Cliff Fendley

That's a classy looking rig KT. I really like the stamping and color.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Swifty Morgon

WWE and KT, great looking stuff there guys, keep it coming.
Rootunist  Tootunist Cowboy this side of the Pecos. Bronc stomper, wild woman tamer, will shoot for fun.

KidTerico

WWE and Rick you have to learn how to get along with your wifes or the women you are with. Heres a good example of what I mean . Years ago my wife and I were going out to a party and she told me a no uncertain terms to stay sober and behave myself. On the way home I could tell she was mad at me and she said after 30 years of marriage I had managed to make a complete ass of my self. I said she should be happy cause finally I did something right. Non thats how you do it. KT;D ;D ;D

Johnny McCrae

Howdy WWE,
Very nice! Your friend should be delighted to receive such a great gift. Don't be so hard on yourself... you are doing just fine. How do you like working with Skidmore's?

Howdy KT,
Another great example for your creativity and talents.

Many thanks to you Gents for sharing your work with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

WaddWatsonEllis

Johnny McRae,

I just got my first bottle of the stuff ... what a terribly uncommercial name! I keep thinking of a guy who only changes his underwear when both sides .... ah well ...

I was eexpecting more of a wax .... it turned out kindof like a 'goup' .... but what a 'goup' I had already worked EVOO into the holster, so the leather was pretty saturated.

Plus I already turned it over to the owner, so I didn't get much of  time to see any long term effects ... perhaps I will put it on one of my own holsters wher I can see it work ....

NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

KT,

I am pretty sure that the general board does not want to listen to my marital woes .... if you want a heads up, I would be happy to PM you ...

NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

KT,

Rereading my last post, it seems very cold and unfeeling .... nothing would be closer from the truth ... it just seemed like we have wasted enough of the general public's time already .... I am very open and willing to discuss my pitfalls: I just think that a PM might be the best way to discuss it  ... TTFN *S*

NCOWS #3403

KidTerico

WWE I hope you understand my post was a joke and not ment to be personal. KT :D

WaddWatsonEllis

Touche',

Thanks for the thoughtfulness ... so many things can be misread without the facial expressions and intonation we lose on a forum,

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com