BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChuckBurrows

and a couple more

Another South Texas rig with a Montana variant on the left.....

And a later period Ranger rig with shotgun shell and 45-70 loops

all done with natural dyes (coffee, walnut, and vingegar black) and finished with dubbin...
aka Nolan Sackett
Frontier Knifemaker & Leathersmith

Boothill Bob

Chuck, you do a wonderful work with the leather. Love the age look, u are the man  8)
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

TwoWalks Baldridge

KT, love the rig and the color also.  Beautiful work!

Chuck, what can I say.  I have your video's and only pray that I can develop half the skill and patience you have.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

JD Alan

I took some time this morning to go back about 5 pages and see all the fine work posted here. Speaking of work, it's severely restricted my time lately, but man oh man what fine looking rigs all you fellas (and gal) have posted over the not too distant past. 

Seeing the knife sheath Chuck made pretty much answered my question about where a knife should ride on a belt, just like St George said it would! I'm writing this after bumping my thread on the sheath question.

Thanks for sharing ya'll!
The man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Ed, KT, and Chuck, beautiful work pards you are all artist in your own right, well done.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Swifty Morgon

Im the worlds worst for starting projects and then start another. Have about 7 holsters, a scabbord, 3 pair of spur straps and a set of saddle bags started. I finally finished one little holster today. Fits a Ruger single six 22. 5.5" barrel. Made out of 12, 13 OZ saddle skirting.
Rootunist  Tootunist Cowboy this side of the Pecos. Bronc stomper, wild woman tamer, will shoot for fun.

KidTerico

Swifty looking forward to seeing the belt with it. Should be a darn nice rig. KT ;)
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

Wow, more great eye candy.

KT, that rig is really good, it looks totally period. Period. Outstanding job.

Chuck, as always, you dazzle us with your stuff. I love those South Texas rigs. Very impressive.

Swifty, that holster is done very well. The tooling is great. Nice work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Wolf Tracker

KT as usual another great piece. I really like the color and the inset on the knife sheath

Chuck  that is amazing. That aged look is great.

Swifty  nice holster. The tooling came out really good.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

GunClick Rick

Man KT that looks well worn,looks like it is way old and has body oil on it from years of use with scratches and all..

Swifty your stuff looks great! :) Anybody would be proud to wear that..
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Only a Californio would have a sailboat ;D Yep guess i'll have to save for a Honda :)

Californio Cowboy ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

WaddWatsonEllis

Rick,

The first pic is the employed view ...

The second pic is the unemployed view ... LOL
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

KidTerico

Thanks everyone for the nice comments. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

TwoWalks Baldridge

Dang Swifty that is great ... I can only dream that some day my tooling will look like that.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

GunClick Rick

Maybe it is just the world today,but ya got more girls with the unemployed pic looks like.. ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Dalton Masterson

Holy Cow....
I havent been on here too much lately due to an extreme case of spring fever and general busy-ness, but wow.
Welcome to all the new folks, the prodigal folks, and great job on the work you have done! I like em all.
To all of you, great job!
I have been working on modern stuff here for the local gun shows, but have a few things to post soon I hope.
DM
SASS #51139L
Former Territorial Governor of the Platte Valley Gunslingers (Ret)
GAF (Bvt.) Major in command of Battalion of Western Nebraska
SUDDS 194--Double Duelist and proud of it!
RATS #65
SCORRS
Gunfighting Soot Lord from Nebrasky
44 spoke, and it sent lead and smoke, and 17 inches of flame.
https://www.facebook.com/Plum-Creek-Leatherworks-194791150591003/
www.runniron.com

WaddWatsonEllis

Rick,

IF you are young and/or can take them to the Sourth of France twice a year

Or if you have bulletproof abs and a killer portolio  ... LOL

But being gunbroke, mortgage broke and unemployed certainly will not attract any women ... LOL
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

WaddWatsonEllis

In fact, just ask my ex wife ... Buda Boom ....

NCOWS #3403

GunClick Rick

Bunch a ole scudders!

WaddWatsonEllis

Rick,

I can only wish ... LOL

But I have been digressing ... shouldn't we be on the subject of leather?

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com