BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irish Dave

Jayhawker and Range Gypsy:
Good lookin' work there, pards. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Wolf Tracker

Jayhawker nice work and welcome to the forum.

Range Gypsy  that is another nice holster. I think your carving came out nice.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

TwoWalks Baldridge

Range Gypsy and Jayhawker both of you are doing some mighty impressive work. 
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Chuck 100 yd

Mighty fine work there. Both Jayhawker and Range Gypse.  My stitching has improved after just a few holsters to the point that non leather workers doubt me when I say it is hand work. I guess they just dont understand how we strive for perfection in the craft even though we can never attain it in our own eyes.

Keep it up . Keep posting those fine creations. They give us Hobbyists inspiration to do more.

Jayhawker, Love your High Wall !!!!!  ;D

Marshal Will Wingam

Gypsy, that rig is really good. It's not easy to do your first project from pictures only and have it come out like that. Number two is a mighty nice rig. You pick this up quickly. Good work. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your next project.

Jayhawker, your first project is darn good. As already said here, your stitching will just get easier and better. Welcome to the forum. It'll be nice to see what you come up with next.

You both are in the right place. Make yourselves at home.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Jayhawker

Thanks again for the compliments...One thing, I should have said "this is my first large project after a 30 year hiatus" I used to be into buckskinning big time  and did a lot of period leatherwork back them...I'm just venturing into the post civil war world... ;D

Range Gypsy...sharp lookin rig...good work!
Life is NOT like a box of chocolates...it more like a jalapeno...what you do today might burn your butt tomorrow...

WaddWatsonEllis

Jayhawker,

Ther are a lotta masters on this board ...really humbling, if they weren't so kind to us 'newbies' this boared would go south real quickly.

But one of the best is Chuck Burrows ... between him and Ten Wolves, I do believe that they have forgotten far more that we will ever know ....

But for sheer make-you-want-to-droll- and-get-out-your-leatherworking tools, Chuck Burrow's online catalog has to be the living end ...

http://wrtcleather.com/

BTW, his DVD on holstermaking is the bomb ....and I am not exagerating ....

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

CQMD

Boy it has been awhile, I hope with a new camera and a computer that works I can post more. I have been working in the shop building holsters and some saddles. Here are a couple that I have done;

Bobby Rose
rocknrholsters.com

CQMD

I think I might be able to find a few more here some where;
Bobby Rose
rocknrholsters.com

GunClick Rick

WOW~~Excellent design on that last holster..By god we need to have one of them shows on tv where ya have a few people trying to outdo each other,i would hate to be a judge though..I was watchin one earlier where make up artists were competing.
Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

COMD  Thats some very nice leather work your showing. Thanks. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Johnny McCrae

Howdy COMD,

Welcome to the Leather Shop.

That is some beautiful work you have done there. Thank you for sharing it with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Boothill Bob

CQMD, that very beautiful work there pard. Thanx for the look see
//BhB
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Johnny McCrae

A friend of mine sent me this. Its about the Air Rifle that Lewis & Clark carried with them on their journey out west.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/451309/thread/1296928404/This+is+just+to+cool+not+to+spread+around

I'm amazed at what was designed and manufactured over 200 years ago especially firearms manufacturing during the 1850's to 1890's. Does anyone know when Colt or Winchester started to use electricity to power their machinery?
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Missouri Half Breed

I,m with Rick we need to get down range involevd to do a segment on this fourm some of the best work ive ever seen come from hear wat ya say maeshall give odl tulpo a call  :D
your a daisy if you do

TwoWalks Baldridge

CQMD some beautiful inspirational work you have there.  Look forward to seeing more in the future.

I like the idea of the Down Range doing a segment.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

KidTerico

Thanks John that was very interesting. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Good story Johnny, thanks for sharing pard.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Swifty Morgon

My but there is some good looking stuff popping up on this thread. Good job everyone. :D
Rootunist  Tootunist Cowboy this side of the Pecos. Bronc stomper, wild woman tamer, will shoot for fun.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy CQMD

Nice work on all three holsters, good to have you joining in with us pard, Thanks for sharing your work with us.

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com