BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice, Rossmaker, very nice. Clean and to the point. That's a rich finish on those, too. Good work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Rossmaker , good looking holsters pard, you're doing some nice work, thanks for sharing, and bythe way, you never answered my question, " What make gun is that" it looks pretty cool. I like a blued hammer and trigger, just curious. ???

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Rossmaker nice holsters. Clean and to the point. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: KidTerico on March 01, 2011, 10:53:20 PM
Rossmaker nice holsters. Clean and to the point. KT

Same here ... beautiful creations.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Rossmaker,

I heartily second everyone's comments. Very nice work!
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

I just finished up a belt to go with the West Texas style variant holster I made, it is also dyed in my home made natural walnut dye, because the gun this was made for is a Colt 1860, in black powder, I didn't put any cartridge loops on it, the belt is 3" in width and will support this revolver well.

Thanks for stopping by to take a look

NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Marshal Will Wingam

That belt looks great, TW. It looks like you worked the leather to put that creased look to the top grain. Really nice match for the holster.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Boothill Bob

TW, thats a very beautiful rig, really love that color. Have u aged it?
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

KidTerico

TW outstanding job. That is the BEST Color I have ever seen on a rig. KT :)
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

TwoWalks Baldridge

TW amazing ... I love it. The design, the stamping the color and the aged look.  The complete package.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Rossmaker

Very nice TW the color is amazing! By the way the revolver in my photos is just a colt clone replica I use for molding my holsters, I use it so I don't have to bother wraping a revolver or worry about messing anything up.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them." (John Wayne, the Shootist)

Arizona Cattleman

Outstanding design, color, stamping and aging.  What a home run.

;D  AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy pards

I want to thank you all for your kind words, it's always nice to hear what  your pears think about your work, and thanks Rossmaker for letting me know about that gun, it looked interesting.
          This belt was a challenge to get the effect I was after, I learn more about dyeing and finishing as I go along, always something new to try, I was very happy with the way this belt and holster turned out, trying to get the right amount of antiquing and aging is a real challenge, but one I look forward to.

Thanks all for your comments

Chuck 100 yd

Now , that is the look I like. Great work my friend, Just great work!!  ;)

GunClick Rick

Man you really have that dye down! I LOVE that skirt on that..I got one the other day i'd love to show..That's nice TW :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Thanks Chuck and Rick, much appreciated pards, glad you like my belt and holster

tEN wOLVES  ;D

Johnny McCrae

Howdy TW,

Another fine museum piece from your leather shop straight out of the pages of "Packing Iron". Beautiful job of aging and finishing!
Thank you for sharing your talents and expertise with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ed Frost

I totally agree with Johnny McCrae ! I couldn't have said it better myself    ;D Keep'em coming TW !  Ed
There ain't no law against work ,and it aint christmas either !!!

Wolf Tracker

TW  I agree with everyone here, that is a nice rig.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com