BUNKHOUSE RAMBLINGS

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, October 15, 2009, 05:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GunClick Rick

Dang TW that color is a warm bueatiful walnut!That's nice ! :) :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Mr. Frost,
Welcome to the Leather shop. Great looking Holsters! We look forward to seeing your future projects.

Howdy TW,
It is very befitting that you took a picture of this Holster next to "Packing Iron" because it is truly straight out of "Packing Iron"
Your new batch of Walnut dye has a beautiful color. Many thanks for sharing your work and talents with us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Boothill Bob

I think I have to plant some walnut, then I can do my dye when I'm 80 :-\
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

WaddWatsonEllis

BB,

I found this on Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juglans_(genus)

Looks like there are some european varieties of the wood ... if you can find where they are bein processed I  believe they would pretty much give you the husks ... they are usuall thrown away, and you could save the company the cost of shipping them away ... *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Missouri Half Breed

Realy nice 10W the color is great!!!!
your a daisy if you do

Skeeter Lewis

This is my first lined holster. The lining turned out okay, with no wrinkling. But the holster was thicker than I'd had in mind. Which was dumb. I'd intended to rivet a loop on but the bucket was too rigid with the lining so I used Chicago screws which frankly look a bit cheesy. Anyway here it is...
(I've shown the skirt with the loop on temporarily though as I say I couldn't bend it through like that.)

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: Skeeter Lewis on February 24, 2011, 08:25:15 AM
This is my first lined holster. The lining turned out okay, with no wrinkling. But the holster was thicker than I'd had in mind. Which was dumb. I'd intended to rivet a loop on but the bucket was too rigid with the lining so I used Chicago screws which frankly look a bit cheesy. Anyway here it is...
(I've shown the skirt with the loop on temporarily though as I say I couldn't bend it through like that.)

Skeeter, Chicago screws or not ... that is one beautiful holster.  The tooling is awe inspiring to say the least.  Yesterday I got the video from Chan Geer on how to draw Sheridan Patterns so I probably am studying examples more today and I love your design.  Great Job.

How thick did the leather turn out with the lining?
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Howdy All

Thanks KT, Rick,Johnny McCrae, BHB, Missouri Half Breed , you pards really know how to make another pard feel good , I really appreciate all your comments, and thanks for taking the time to take a look at my West Texas holster.

Skeeter, you did a great job here, your carving skills are top notch, and you executed this pattern with precision, this holster has a 20th Century look to it, Gene and Roy would have been proud to wear a holster like this, well done. ::) :D

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Skeeter,

Thai is one beautiful Holster! Awesome job of carving coupled with excellent workmanship. Many thanks for showing it to us.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

KidTerico

Skeeter thats a very nice holster your showing. Every thing about it is outstanding. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Cliff Fendley

Skeeter, great looking holster!
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Ed Frost

Quote from: Wolf Tracker on February 23, 2011, 04:47:31 PM
Ed   very nice work you do. Glad you joined the forum.

TW   That is a very nice holster. I really like the way the walnut dye comes out.
Thank you WT .Glad you liked it!    Best reg. Ed 
There ain't no law against work ,and it aint christmas either !!!

Ed Frost

Quote from: Marshal Will Wingam on February 23, 2011, 09:14:09 PM
Welcome to the forum, Swifty, Ed. You both posted some good work, there. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts.

Rod, that holster is outstanding. The color looks good enough to eat. That's a great batch of dye. Nice work on the dye making and great work on the holster. Thumbs up to that one.
Thanks Will !   ;D           

Skeeter Lewis

Thanks, pards.
Two Walks, it's about 12 oz., the heaviest I've ever made.
10W - you're right. It was those 'Gene and Roy' holsters I had in mind. A change of pace for me - I've only made period holsters before.

Skeet

PS Nice West Texas rig, 10W

Ed Frost

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on February 23, 2011, 03:43:47 PM

Very nice work Ed, I can tell by your work that you enjoy working with leather, good to have you with us.

tEN wOLVES  :D ;D
Thanks TW  ;D  It's absolutely my favourite material to work with !  That west texas really came out beautiful  ;D ;D ;D  The colour is just fantastic !  Best reg. Ed.

Wolf Tracker

Skeeter   That is one good lookin holster. Your carving is amazing.
A man, a horse, and a dog never get weary of each other's company.

Ed Frost

This is a holster I made today,     with some inspiration from a book i bought two weeks ago.                                               You may have heard of it.......It's called PACKING IRON !    ::)                                                                                               It's the first one i made that is'nt of my own design.              ;D ;D ;D  Sorry if pic's are a bit dark.   Ed.

Ed Frost

Quote from: Ed Frost on February 25, 2011, 05:19:41 PM
This is a holster I made today,     with some inspiration from a book i bought two weeks ago.                                               You may have heard of it.......It's called PACKING IRON !    ::)                                                                                               It's the first one i made that is'nt of my own design.              ;D ;D ;D  Sorry if pic's are a bit dark.   Ed.
Another pic...

TwoWalks Baldridge

Books and pictures are great and Packing Iron is the top tier ... but ... it takes some top notch skill to transfer from a picture to a finished product ... Ed, that is some top notch work you done there - very eye catching.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Ed,

Two Walks expressed my sentiments exactly. Great job!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com